BIG STOMACH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daisyraisy, Mar 16, 2006.

1. daisyraisy

daisyraisy New Member

does anyone suffer with a larfge stomach>

Regards

daisy raisy
  2. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

are you kidding......yes. i took predisone and my belly blew up to where i look very very pregnant, and it is larger than when i was pregnant.

my stomach feels so swollen that it feels like it will explode...it feel hollow inside... wish someone had an answer for this..it did not go down when i quit taking predisone.
    hope more answers...
  3. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

Hi - I was really swollen and felt like I was gonna explode. Are you having any other problems with IBS? My Gastro put me on Zelnorm and it helped - a lot.
  4. Debsunshine

Debsunshine New Member

My stomach always looks bloated. I am not fat but I look bloated. Probably because I am so tired, I am always eating. I also have acid reflux so I am always drinking or eating something. I weigh 135 pounds and I am 5.5. I used to have a flat stomach ,however I am also 44 years old. I go to the gym but cant do situps it hurts to much with my acid reflux. So in summary.. yep!
  5. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

THe liver is affected by illness and it make you swell up.Ruthie
  6. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

THe liver is affected by illness and it make you swell up.Ruthie
  7. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

I look like that cartoon Rooster (can't think of his name), skinny everywhere but a huge stomach.

I asked my doctor, so he put me on Lasix for a while - no luck. As soon as my insuance kicks in, I'm gonna get an ultra sound.

I've always wondered what was causing this. Makes wearing pants hard! Ruthie may be on to something though. I know one thing for sure - my liver enzymes are high.
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, unfortunately, I have a big belly, too!!!

When I was pregnant, many moons ago!, I gained a lot of weight and ended up having babies who all weighed between 10-1/2 lbs and 11-1/2 lbs. (and all 24" long).

So, as I have gained all this weight over the next 30+ years, it has all been in my belly --- just as if I'm pregnant again!

This is extremely unhealthy for me, and anyone who has all of their weight in their stomachs, because it increases your risk for heart attacks!!!! and .... I already have heart trouble.

You would think that this would be enough to scare me into serious dieting, but ...... I guess I must be a food-aholic. I have a real problem with eating high carb foods, and I am a diabetic, too.

My endo just yesterday put me on a new insulin shot called Byetta which is supposed to reduce your appetite. I certainly hope it helps me.

Janet
  9. puglover29

puglover29 New Member

And it grows throughout the day!! I look pretty thin, but have a HUGE belly. I am so tired of it. And, it's very uncomfortable. I keep saying I am going to go back to the doctor for this, but every time I asked him about it he would throw his hands up and say he had no idea.

Brenda
  10. barbarak

barbarak New Member

My stomach will start out pretty flat some days then after I drink or eat just1 thing I'll blow up like I'm pregnant.
  11. painandagony

painandagony New Member

Yes, I have been gaining way too much weight, lots in the belly. I am 35 and was always a size 2-4 (5'5) so happy that i didn't have to worry about weight with this illness. I am now a size 14 and started gaining about 3-4 years ago, the huge chunk of it this past year and a half, when i started on effexor and was taking supplements from chiropractor to help absorb nutrients. he said my body was starving for so many years and now it is storing it up. oh great. i'm hoping once off of effexor i will lose the weight again....good luck to you
  12. Chelz

Chelz New Member

The only time my stomach balooned out is when I was taking antidepressants. I gained a LOT of weight, and unfortunately, my stomach is the one place where it stuck with me. Even though I lost 72 pounds after I got off the drugs, the stomach bloating never went down. I hate it. Hugs, Chelz.
  13. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am obese but I really have a huge stomach out of proportion to the rest of my body. A number of factors:

Big babies
    Swollen liver (from taking different meds)
    Endometriosis
    Gall bladder surgery (left behind adhesions)
    Crohn's disease including scar tissue and fistulas (those are outgrows of your intestines I have several, one is rapped around my umbilical, it is huge and painful).

I dont know if the FM contributes to the big belly but it sound like a lot of folks on here have that same problem so it must.

Also I heard every time you have abdominal surgery and they open you up you grow more scar inside you, and I have had a lot of surgeries. This is why they dont like to do surgeries on Crohn's patients unless we are blocked up or have other complication, then they have no choice.

One thing i will tell you if I cut down the carbs and sugars it helps, i dont feel so bloated.

Michelle
  14. deb06

deb06 New Member

Hey there. I have an embarrasly big belly. Back when I was working one patient asked me when I was due and then argued with me when I told her I was not pregnant.

IBS is the main reason and it can get so big- sticks out further than my double D breasts sometimes!!!

It is so hard to feel sexy.... I am sure you all can relate. The big belly with all the pressure and then pain all over- and then your husband wants affection... it is just impossible to feel sexy!! Deb