big winter storm moving this way

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sixtyslady, Nov 30, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

my daughter came today and we went to walmart.bless her heart i was so down in the dumps.made me feel better.

we"re in for a winter storm tonight and tomorrow.hope its over before tomorrow night she works the 7to7 shift at the hospital and I hope the roads are clear for her to get to work.
    I"m just kind of upset at the thought of it snowing.
    does anyone else feel like that?
    I can remember my Mom getting like that when she got older.
    I use to love the snow and I"m praying that God will let me feel about it like when I was a kid.
    and just be able to relax and enjoy the beauty of it.because it is beautiful.

I"ve been in such a different mood the last few months,I just can"t put my finger on it like I"m expecting something horrible to happen at any minute.
    I guess I need to count my blessings and let tomorrow take care of itself.
    can anyone tell me how to do that with success.
    well people from the midwest hang on to your hats.maybe we can go out and build a snowman.
    hugs sixtyslady
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hope it goes around us, above us, whatever! I like to see snow once a year! LOL I am done with it after Christmas!

Keep warm and safe!

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yep, I've been running around all day like someone was after me, trying to get things done "before the storm". I used to take things like winter storms in stride but that was then and this is now.

I also relate, sixtyslady, to your feeling of impending danger. I really think those of us who have this DD are super sensitive to our emotional climate. The news is full of threats and danger, even the weather forecasters have learned to make a snow storm sound like a major disaster. Our society has become fear-driven and it doesn't set well with us.

We have to hang in there and know that things really aren't any worse than they ever were (at least not much); we're just more sensitive to them. Deeeeeep breaths.

4. bozey

bozey New Member

I'm with you on this one. I'm in Mo. and it has been freezing rain all day and then suppose to snow overnight. Depends on where you're located on how much snow we'll get. We are in the 5 to 8 inches. Yuck.

I love the snow because it's pretty and I don't have to leave my house. However, I do worry about family having to drive in it. I call my kids to make sure they have gotten home from work and my niece and my uncle.

Then I rest easy for the evening.

I think getting older is part of the worrying for everyones safety.

There's really not much we can do about it tho'. But luckily, we haven't had alot of snow the last few years. I hope this early snow storm isn't a sign of what is to come for this season. If so, I will be stressed til spring.LOL

5. caffey

caffey New Member

In Canada we have a freezing rain warning out. I don't know which is worse. Anyway it is a reminder to make sure I have enough stuff for a few days in case I can't get out. My girlfriend fell today and landed in er with bruised ribs and it was just raining yuck!!!
    Re: feeling like something bad is going to happen. Sometimes it can be a warning that something is going to happen. I try to not think about things too far ahead or I get overwhelmed. Also a lot depends on your belief system. I have just about died twice in the past 2 years. I am still here. So I believe that I am meant to go when it is time and not a minute before and there is nothing I can do about it. For others I am concerned about, I don't understand it but I believe the same thing. I take it a few hours at a time and try not to think too much. This dd will drive you nuts if you let it. I don't know if that helps or not. Please take care of yourself and rely on your faith.
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

I'm in upstate New York and it's so warm here, I HAD to take my jacket off coming out of Walmart tonight. I was sweating. It must be 60 degrees here. I've had 2 windows in the house open all day.

If you want a snowman, but don't want the work, just go check out fight4acure. She has a handsome man of snow there.
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

good morning everyone we got about7inches and they say around 12 by the time it stops,most of the schools are closed.
    I'm fairly close to and I think they may have more.
    I"haven"t talked to my daughter yet I"m sure shes up to check on the school closings.
    my sister still drives schoolbus,so I'm glad the schools are closed.
    I drove schoolbus for over 12yrs.its quit a chore handling one of those things on ice.
    well I"m going to go start the coffee. stay warm and safe.
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It rained all night and now the rain has turned to sleet. School closings are being listed now on the radio but schools here are not included. I never know if that's the good news or the bad. lol

Elliespad, I think it's on the way to you, luckly lady.

I think we do better when we eeeeeeeease into winter.

9. mary124

mary124 New Member

I live in Central Texas. It got cold here too! Granted not cold, cold like up North and East, but when you are use to the 70's in November. Last night it got down to 25 degrees where I live - its suppose to get up to 50's today. Suppose to be like this for the next few days. I had lots of ice on my car this morning. Also on my patio. Had to be careful about getting down- I'm "Ms. Graceful" at least, that is what my husband calls me!!
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

we got 14 inches of snow.thankGod I have four wheel drive. we live back in a wooded lane 1/4 mile off the main road.
    but my hubby and I made it out around noon.went and got what we needed for survival and we"re back home .we"ve lived here for 4yrs and this is the most snow we gotten so far.the wind has laid so maybe the plows will get out tonight and get things cleared.
    We're suppose to go to our saddleclub banquet tomorrow nite and of course its in the boone'ies to but they usually plow the road going to the club house.maybe fun though.
    hope your all o.k.out there thru this storm.and hope this is the big one for the year.
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I have a friend who says about snow "God put it there and God will have to take it away." lol

I hope you can get out of bed tomorrow.

12. bozey

bozey New Member

At noon today there was 500,000 without electric. That included my son and daughter. They have been without elect. for 24 hours now.

We have them both going on a generator now. They live beside each other so that made it easy.

U.E. is now saying they are down to about 300,000 without power.

Any way you look at it, it is a pain in the butt. It is pretty to look at all the snow and ice but other than that, I could live without it.