Biggest Energy Boost

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tiggereh, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Tiggereh

Tiggereh New Member

Hello all,

I've been so inspired and educated by everything I've read since finding this board. I was diagnosed with CFIDS and FM (Celiacs and 100 other things that I didn't know about) this year. I've been receiving great care, and trying to explore a range of things on my own (accupuncture, chiro, therapy). Starting Dec 1, I am taking a couple of months off work to try to get somewhat better.

I'm wondering what has worked best for people in terms of their energy? I am struggling the most with fatigue/lack of energy. I used to work 100 hours per week and thrive, and now I struggle with 40. Whatever has worked best for people would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Elizabeth
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Energy, strength, endurance, or lack of it, the story of my life. What I take, and plan to take, again:

1. NADH - 20 mg. in a.m. 30-60 mins. before ANY food or beverage, (expensive)

2. DL-Phenylalanine - helps your body make Dopamine, Epinephrine,Tyrosine, nonepinephrine, soooo, relieves pain, and give energy and alertness. An Amino Acid (Combination of D and L forms) available in any health food store, under $10.

3. ProBoost - Thymic extract, boost immune system, and provide amino acids. Used it for one month last year and it DID make a difference. Just ordered some today from ProHealth Store here. Is usually $36-$50 a box, but ProHealth has a sale on until Nov. 18 for 2 boxes for $50.

I do a LOT of other stuff, to help create energy, but these are probably the ones you may notice an improvement with.

[This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  3. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

the cheapest I could find it was for .10 a gram on nutritiongeeks.

item number 13528 1000 grams $99.95

But if you've never tried it before try to get a smaller formula (try it for at least 1 month) which amounts to about 450 grams.

If you can consume caffiene (coffee or tea) it's a good thing to take with ribose according to Dr Sarah Myhill it helps the body make use of it.

It really works well for me! I made myself breakfast every day! I hadn't done that in YEARS. I was even able to go to the store and do a little grocery shopping by myself! It was great! Muscle pain was nearly gone.

But it did aggrivate my hypoglycemia. Be aware of mood swings.

I'm off it right now and I went right back to square one, and I spend most of my day in bed. I'm going to try to figure out a way to take it again without going postal.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]