BigMama2

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jole, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jole

jole Member

This is in response to your reply on my last post...for those of you wondering, read it.

First of all, you have made your point about the fact that christians do not have any rights on this board to communicate directly to other christians without fear of criticism.

Secondly, I agree that this board is for all denominations, as did the people who were banned. Never did I say otherwise. We just asked to be respected for our beliefs and to not have our posts sabatoged.

Thirdly, this was my church. With our illnesses some of us are not able to participate in any other church. I would never think of going into someone else's church and saying there is no God, and I don't feel anyone should be able to do that in my church. That is simply rude and disrespectful.

Next, if I could find a Christian worship board I would. I have had a terrible time with cognition and believe me, if it were that easy for me I would certainly do so.

We tried to have our own spot with our Christian Sanctuary, but even that got deleted. It seems there was no way we could have a place with our God that was peaceful to study, share and praise. We asked for a separate board, but it didn't happen. Okay, you think we're being intolerant by wanting our own board, but yet when we present our beliefs in the open board our God was said to be "nonexistant".

And lastly, the comment I made about my post being a christian thread was not intended for you per se....another poster deleted her post.

So for now I'm going to bed. And you can no longer say no one enlightened you on this matter. Sleep well***Jole***

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

If threads/posts were deleted it was because of a lack of respect or rudeness. It might help to read the rules that PH have for those of us posting. Anyone who is rude or disrespectful gets fair warning. The same rules apply to all of us.

This is also my "church". I am Unitarian but can't always get to the services.

The original intent of this board was not, "Christians Only".

This is the reality of things. Not good, not bad. It just is.

Peace to you.

gap
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Have you heard of the Worldwide Christians Online ("WWCO") that is used by people all over the world. It is a "safe" site. Take a look and scroll down to see all that is offered. They offer discussion, prayer, Bible studies--even online church and more. Hugs.

http://worldwidechristiansonline.co.uk/index.php
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

thanks for taking the time to explain all this to me.

i am getting too tired to answer this coherently, so i'll wait till tomorrow.

nitey nite. get some sleep!

bigmama2
  5. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Dear Jole,

RE: """but I'm hurt by the loss of friends Tiggy, Sassy and Crystal..."""

Quite honestly, I don't read many posts here, and have not had a chance to get to know you. But it sounds like you've experienced a painful loss of some close friends on this board. You have my sincere condolences on your loss.

Best, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2009]
  6. jole

jole Member

Thank you....you made me cry!! I guess it's hard for a lot of people to see when a person is hurting and in pain, but you did, and you don't even know me....

Yes, I do mourn the loss of my friends....they were good, God-loving people who befriended me when my depression and pain were nearly unbearable, and taught so much about the love of Jesus. How do you replace people like that?

Perhaps you are a nonbeliever, I don't know, but you have sympathy and a caring heart, and I appreciate that. Thank you***Jole***
  7. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

ok here goes--

***i copied and pasted your post here just to make it easier for me to reply to. my reply is in asteriks***

JOLE-First of all, you have made your point about the fact that christians do not have any rights on this board to communicate directly to other christians without fear of criticism.
    **that is not exactly what i said or meant. i think the problem is what you consider criticism?? if a non christian states their beliefs/experiences you will consider that a criticism of your beliefs. but it is not. **

JOLE-Secondly, I agree that this board is for all denominations, as did the people who were banned. Never did I say otherwise. We just asked to be respected for our beliefs and to not have our posts sabatoged.
    **i am glad you agree that board is for all denominations! i agree with you that noones posts should be sabotaged**

JOLE-Thirdly, this was my church. With our illnesses some of us are not able to participate in any other church. I would never think of going into someone else's church and saying there is no God, and I don't feel anyone should be able to do that in my church. That is simply rude and disrespectful.
    **this is also like a church or spiritual community for people who dont believe in god. we can come here and discuss these matters, and we should be able to do so in peace (meaning without people coming on our posts and trying to change our beliefs. and trust me, that happened ALOT.)**

JOLE-Next, if I could find a Christian worship board I would. I have had a terrible time with cognition and believe me, if it were that easy for me I would certainly do so.

JOLE-We tried to have our own spot with our Christian Sanctuary, but even that got deleted. It seems there was no way we could have a place with our God that was peaceful to study, share and praise. We asked for a separate board, but it didn't happen. Okay, you think we're being intolerant by wanting our own board, but yet when we present our beliefs in the open board our God was said to be "nonexistant".
    **i thought "christian sanctuary" posts was a good idea. it didnt get deleted just so that the christians couldnt have a peaceful place to worship. the moderators wouldnt do that. it must have gotten deleted because the posts were getting inapropriate is some way.**
    **about having spirituality as a seperate board- i was always in favor of that! but obviously that is not my decision to make.**
    **so you are saying that atheists are not allowed to say their beliefs???

JOLE-And lastly, the comment I made about my post being a christian thread was not intended for you per se....another poster deleted her post.
    **oh ok, sorry that i misunderstoond, i thought you meant it for me. and i got a lil upset.**

bigmama2