Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jul 1, 2008.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi, Pilgrim

I was wondering if your profile is up to date. Did your wife ever get Soc. Sec. benefits?

You know Pro Health refers people to Atty. Scott Davis who is in Arizona, but his office can handle cases all over the country.

Do you have an appeal pending?

(Sorry if I'm butting in. The Soc Sec Dept and its policy of turning everydobby down at least once just strikes me as totally wrong.)

BILLCAMO New Member

Originally , 6 years ago before I even knew my wife , she had applied for SSD. She was denied and could not follow up for several reasons.

So this app. counts as a new one. It will be at least two more months before we hear from the SSA Office on this app. They move with the blinding speed of a dead snail ! LOL

There is a possibility that she will be granted SSD this time off the get go because she is so close to age 62. We're crossing our fingers !

If she is denied we WILL seek legal assistance !

You're not butting in and SSA's approach of denying benefits to 65-80% of the original applicants is extremely wrong ! They continue to do this since a large number of people give up after the 1st try.

Here's some more info that may raise your ire just a bit.

Since WWII money has been "borrowed" from the SSA funds. By the year 2000 the total amount "borrowed" was about 1.7 TRILLION dollars !

GEE , I wonder why our SSA system is having financial difficulties and uses underhanded approaches ?

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 07/04/2008]

BILLCAMO New Member

asking along with giving useful advice.

Perhaps , when you feel good enough , you will reply.

Blessings ,

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't know you were waiting for a response. I don't want to segue into a discussion of what might be called politics. This is my social life. Wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

I certainly hope you get a favorable decision this time. My mother, who was born in this country and worked many decades, applied for soc. sec. when she was 65. Still got turned down.

Eventually it got straightened out.

Ever visit the porch? Like to read? We have a book club.

Was going to the bank today, but was up most of the night and slept till noon. Well, try again tomorrow. Bank will be less crowded anyway.

Read a cute quote yesterday. Already forgot who said it.

Probably Mark Twain or some other great wit.

Wise men do not need advice. Foolish men won't take it.

BILLCAMO New Member

I understand .

My Mom received her denial for SSD one day after her funeral. It was a moot issue after that....

I like to read. But concentration and vision have restricted my ability to do so.

My feelings are that there's always tomorrow.....and , if not , my problems here are over.

Please don't take offense to my "modification" to your quote.......

Very wise men still listen to advice , knowing , no one person knows everything. Fools take no advice.

Blessings ,