Bing Cherries reduces my arthritic hands?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Jun 8, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I find that I have great relief in my fingers and wrists with whatever is going on with them. We know arthritis and gout, but doc also thinks RA, but RA screening came back negative.

Has anyone else had relief with eating the Bing Cherries? I would like to know what I could get at the health food store in place of it, as you have to eat around a pound of them in a day to get the relief. The relief is amazing though.

Problem is, it gives me horrible gas. I don't think beano could handle this! LOL!!

Anybody got any info on it? Thanks, dolsgirl
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

I have a vague memory about reading about cherry juice and know Ive seen it in the healt food stores. You could do a search or just try a bottle or two. Hope someone else has more good info for you.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The kind sold at the health food stores is what is recommended, not the stuff at the supermarkets with all the corn syrup added. I have always loved big fat juicy dark red Bing cherries. Yummmmm!

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes there is something besides eating all those cherries! You can get pure Black Cherry Juice Concentrated, there is no sugar or anything added to it, just pure cherries.

Do not buy the kind in the grocery store, its nothing but colored water with loads of sugar!

You mix one part of the Cherry Juice with four parts water. It taste wonderful!

Healthfood stores have it, also GNC. It is just wonderful for Gout and arthirits.
    Its also good for a bladder infection. I like it better than the Cramberry Juice, it works faster for the bladder.

Believe me, I could eat a pound of cherries a day without a problem, I love them. But we only have them here about once a year fresh.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2003]
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

You're the best! I had done a search & had come up with the Black Cherry Juice, but I wanted that confirmed or any other suggestions also, as I cannot believe the difference. Thanks for the directions on how to use it also. dolsgirl
  6. lilwren

lilwren New Member

The book Prescription for Nutritional Healing says that blueberries, cherries and strawberries neutralize the uric acid that causes the pain that comes with arthritis.

I also use the black cherry juice concentrate. BUT LOVE the fresh cherries when they are in season! It really does help with the pain.

Here's some of the info from the book - I just scanned it in:

Gout is a common type of arthritis that occurs when there is too much uric acid (sodium urate) in the blood, tissues, and urine. Uric acid is the end product of the metabolism of a class of chemicals known as purines. In people with gout, the body does not produce enough of the digestive enzyme uricase, which oxidizes relatively insoluble uric acid into a highly soluble compound. As a result, uric acid accumulates in the blood and tissues and, ultimately,
    crystallizes.

When it crystallizes, uric acid takes on a shape like that of a needle and, like a needle, it jabs its way into the joints. It seems to prefer the joint of the big toe, but other joints can be vulnerable as well, induding the mid-foot, ankle, knee, wrist, and even the fingers. Uric acid is more likely to crystallize at lower temperatures, which may explain why roughly 90 percent of gout attacks affect cooler extremities like the big toe. ....

It should be noted that uric acid is not a fundamentally harmful substance, but a powerful antioxidant, almost as effective as vitamin C, that helps to protect cells from oxidative damage. It is only when levels become abnormally elevated that it becomes problematic. Approximately 70 percent of people who suffer from gout produce too much uric acid, and 30 percent cannot properly eliminate it from their bodies. About 25 percent have a family history of gout. Elevated levels of uric acid in the blood can also be an indicator of poor kidney function.

Uric acid is a byproduct of certain foods, so gout is closely related to diet. ….

love,
    Sharon L
  7. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I copied it to word. I really cannot believe the difference when I eat the cherries. They seem to do better than the others for me, don't know why? Whatever works. dolsgirl
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Whatever cures gout will act on FMS as the Guai does. Gout medications were originally tested for removing the debris which is stored in our soft tissue, but these meds had too many side effects. Dr. St. Amand continued looking until he discovered that the Guai would do the same thing and was much safer.

Perhaps this is why these juices seem so helpful for us. Geez, I just ate some big black bing cherries for lunch.

Love, Mikie
  9. tennisgirl25

tennisgirl25 New Member

i'm going to try it, and i will let you know how it works for me
  10. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!!! Mikie is down south, she can direct you! I'm now taking a tablespoon of the Black Cherry juice concentrate and a tablespoon of Cranberry juice concentrate twice a day & have had a huge improvement. I also may increase to 3 x a day, but I'm holding off because I recently started, about a week ago, the essiac that a Native American made for me from the 'original' recipe which included four herbs. I'm waiting to see how I do with that. dolsgirl
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Bek, the fresh cherries I have here are from Zakima, Washington. They don't grow in the south, but we do have strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc. :)

Dolsgirl, I have been taking Essiac Tea for 8 years. It is just wonderful for a blood and liver cleanser,etc. I use the 'Resperin Corp.' brand.
    I have also made it from the fresh four herbs (Herbal Healers, herbs), the original formula of Marie Caisse that she had gotten from the Canadian Shaman of the Ojibwa Tribe. Marie successfully cured her own Mother of breast cancer with this remedy.
    Its an interesting story, and has a lot of sad parts to it. It is a wonderful formula.

I also know of a young lady that took it for four months and it cured her Veneral Herpes, she has not had a breakout in four years. According to medical science, there is no cure for this disese.

No, it does not cure FM/CFS!

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  12. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I live in Northwest Washington State. It's gorgeous here view-wise and moderate temperature for fms. I couldn't take another New England winter. Problem is, not too many jobs here...dolsgirl
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Worms are how you get your protein with your fruit :)

Love, Mikie
  14. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The love of my husbands life :) I copied the name off of the bag of cherries! Here is what it says;

George F. Joseph
    Orchard Siding, Inc.
    YAKIMA, Washington, 98907

Would you mind calling him and letting him know that he embarrassed me for spelling the name wrong???? :)
    No wonder I could not find it on the web..............

Take care sweet lady, and remember the 'worm' is protein!

Are you ready to 'run away from home' and move in with me YET???

Shalom, Shirl

PS. I thought it was Willow Bark that was pure asprin???
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]