Biofeedback therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Has anyone tried this? I went through and looked into local therapist that can do this and found one. I'd like to know if anyone has had this done and what there experiences were... I do know they treat a big variety of patients (Abdominal pain, Fibromyalgia, Tmj, etc)..

thanx

Misty

--huggies--
  2. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Has anyone tried this? I went through and looked into local therapist that can do this and found one. I'd like to know if anyone has had this done and what there experiences were... I do know they treat a big variety of patients (Abdominal pain, Fibromyalgia, Tmj, etc)..

thanx

Misty

--huggies--
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Misty,

I haven't tried bio feedback therapy, but I've used bio dots in the past (when I had them. I always forget to re-order!)

The principle is the same, but at a much less complex level. The dots are literally dots, about the size of the dot punched out of a piece of paper for binder holes. Anyway, you wear them on a specific area of the hand, and thru color changes that respond to physical stress, one learns to keep the body in a more relaxed state.

Keep us posted though, please, on how this therapy works for you. Should be interesting!

adios
    copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances