BioFreeze gel/spray/roll on or Arnica?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Aug 20, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these products. I got the Biofreeze gel and i like it, but using something as a spray or a roll on, where you wouldnt have to get your hands covered with menthol goo would be. Do the sprays or roll on's look just the same?

And Arnica gel.. i've heard good things about it. Is it worth buying?
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It has helped me so much. I've use a couple of different brands. The one I have beside me now is Arniflora.

A couple of weeks ago my 110 lb male lab was running at full speed with his newly adopted friend from the Humane Society and I had my back to him and he took me out. I felt like I had been in a football game. At the time I only thought he had caused be to turn my ankle BUT during the night I woke up and my neck and back was horrible.

It was so bad I went into my DH bedroom and woke him up crying. I could barely move. I got into a warm bath with salts and then I remembered the arnica gel. He put it all over my neck, back, and hip. It really is amazing. I used it again a couple more times that day and it pulls the soreness out of your body.

I also use it on my feet and neck. They hurt so bad and it really helps.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I was shocked when I bought it and it worked so well for me.

I bought the Biofreeze for my son and he said he liked it. I had forgotten about it though until you mentioned it.

Please try it. I do not think you will be disappointed.

4. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

I have not tried any of those, but I am going to look into them. I have tried O24 wipes and they have helped both myself and my daughter with our Fibro pains. It also comes in a spray but I haven't found it in stores yet, just the wipes. It does have a strong minty, herbal smell but it really helps relieve the pain.
  5. 1horse

1horse New Member

I use bio freeze roll on and o24 fibromyaliga spray and wipes..both very good.. wipes is a pain nutralizar, all natural. take care
  6. larmartin

larmartin New Member

Where can i find the products you are talking about?
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I order everything on line. I buy lots of my products from drugstore.com because I can't get to stores. I know you can get the Arnica gel from a health food store or health food grocery store. I just did a Google search and lots of sites popped up for Biofreeze.

I love to use products that are natural...especially when they work so well.

8. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

I have bought the O24 wipes at CVS, but I have also seen them in the weekly flyers for Brooks pharmacy. They are kept with the icy/hot patches and gels and such.
  9. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

This has all been really helpful! I got the BioFreeze spray on bottle and it works pretty well. But I'm interested in trying the Arnica now too. I'd like to have tried everything and see what works best. I go through those menthol rubs like crazy because really its the only thing that can help my terrible leg cramps/muscle strains at night. Stinky but i can fall asleep so.. what can you do?
  10. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I've used Biofreeze in the past and it was pretty good, but I've found that for my own personal relief, I use Orthogel. It comes in a roll on container as well, and works so much better for me than the Biofreeze. I've had all different forms, and personally prefer the roll on bottle.

I haven't tried the Arnica, but I'm going to look into that one now. I use a lot of herbal and natural products already, so this is great.

I get my Orthogel from one of the local chiropractor, but you can find it online as well. Just Google it.

I've used the capsaicin, and I couldn't get it off my hands - then I got in on my contact lenses and had to trash them. I can't touch that stuff any more. Hope you get the relief you need soon. If the biofreeze doesn't work, the orthogel is about the same price.