BioLab Mitochondrial Function Test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jul 8, 2008.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Is this a useful marker for benchmarking progress? Or is it superfluous if one is already doing all the Yasko testing...MAP..UAA...UTMs etc?
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

If it is, then I think it would be useful as I don't think the Yasko tests show organophosphate or those types of chemicals.

So you could see what type of chemical you have trouble detoxifying. Also, it would show exactly what step is broken so you could bypass that with supplements, hopefully.

But I haven't had it done so don't take my word for it.

3. Salix

Salix New Member

I just wanted to reply to Marti's comment and say that from the results I've read of and my own, i would guess it's possible to have a toxin issue and for it not to be seen in the tested neurophil membranes or the translocator protein. So perhaps good for monitoring the removal of an identified toxin, but absence of a toxin in the neutrophils doesn't equate to absence of the toxin elsewhere in the body. Hope that makes sense? Rich no doubt has a much more insightful view on this.

And yes, the biolab mito function test and the acumen mito test are the same test but at different labs.