Bioman/Xyrem users

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jun 28, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

My doc has prescribed Xyrem for me.. but I haven't heard anything yet.

I know the approval proces is long-winded. How long was it before you got the video? And then how soon after that does one get the meds?

tnx
    Delia
  2. place

place New Member

Does the Doc prescribing Xyrem have to fill out paper work?

Deliarose, did you have to fill out paper work or did you just turn in the script to your pham?

How does it work?

Thanks
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I haven't filled out any paperwork. My doc has ordered it.. I'm waiting on the video.

That's as much as I know.

I'm assuming that my insurance will approve it...
    Delia
  4. place

place New Member

I have not been able to get to see any of Rheumys (at least the good ones) until late august!

I want to get going on the sleep issues. My GP is good but not sure he can perscribe it or know what to do!

I am going to see him on Monday with some information.

Thanks again for the info!
  5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

You shouldn't have to wait too long. I can't remember how long it took from sleep study to Xyrem's arrival, but I think it was a week or less.

I think that once you watch the video, you may have to sign a form and send it to the central pharmacy. Then they will schedule a date to send your Xyrem.

They can overnight it if necessary, but I usually call a few days before mine runs out. I'm on a first name basis with the FedEx man now. He was bringing 2 bottles every 22 days, but last month they sent 2 1/2 bottles for 30 days. Go figure.....
  6. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Once I got the sleep study, I was diagnosed with idiotpathic hypersomnia, which means I was tired during the day (well duh). So for that they gave me Provigil which I could not tolerate very well. After a few appointments of trying to tweak the dosage, I finally printed out studies on Xyrem from the Internet and brought them in to show her.

And that was yesterday - she gave me the video at that time and I filled out a form. It's still not a gaurantee that my insurance will cover it because I don't have narcolepsy, but the usually give a response within 48 hours.
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Bioman
    How is your FFC protocol going and what do they have u on?

Cheers
    Delia