Biotec extra energy enzyme

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MIssAutumn, Oct 2, 2008.

1. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

I don't post often here but lately I have been coming here and reading a lot, since research has found out so much more on FM/CF. I started taking the energy enzymes a week ago. I had to cut back to 4 then work up to 6 in the morning.
    Does anyone know if they can cause a worsening of symptoms? Herxing? It's either that or I'm under way too much stress. I've had this crud for so darn long I've gotten use to feeling a certain way- bad! LOL and now it's like when I first got my first major flare. Really bad!

Thanks for any suggestions and all the great post! I've gotten so much more educated reading these post.

2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I had the same problem. They worked great at first, but then I had to cut way back. But it was like they did their job and I didn't need them much anymore.

I think the less you have of these enzymes in your body, the more these will help. If you already have enough, then you increase them too much and they scavenge ALL your free radicals. But you need some free radicals to be recycled in the energy cycle and for the heart. So if you have too much enzymes, I can see where it would make you feel worse.

For me, I used them heavily for about 10 days, then they started making me feel bad in the morning, so then I just took one in the afternoon on days where I was more active than usual. Now I hardly take them at all. They really cleared up my brain. But I didn't lose the clear head and energy I got when I stopped taking them. Maybe they jump started my body into making more enzymes itself, hard to tell.

I don't think it's a herxing thing, I think it's just taking away too many free radicals. Free radicals aren't actually all bad, you do need them for some things like the energy cycle, the heart and the immune system.

I still had some PEM after taking these and I know now it was because of gut dysbiosis and the resulting malfunctioning digestion.
  3. quanked

quanked Member

What does herxing mean? I think we need a glossary on the new website for words and other words that seem connected to our diseases. Also for acronyms.
  4. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Thanks for all the responses. I think I will cut way back on them, they gave me a lot of energy but it isn't worth feeling worse for.
    I'm going to attack the leaking gut. Was finally diagnosed with that one, it was always a "maybe" and I never really did anything about it. I just ordered the book Leaky Gut Syndrome by Elizabeth Lipskiand will start from there. I've had this since I was 10 and am now 63. I realized I wasn't doing the research I normally do on supplements. Another that got me into trouble was glucosamine- it really raised my BP.

thanks again

Herxing is short for The Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction and is believed to be a reaction caused by organisms (bacteria) dying off and releasing toxins into the body faster than the body may comfortably handle it.

Most of the time you need to slow down until the body can catch up with the die off. Happens a lot when doing a detox and fighting yeast overgrowth.

5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I took 3 of these the first time I used them. Felt wiped out all day.

I'm not sure what this reaction means...I assume the enzymes are doing their job.. but because I have so many free radicals (tests show massive oxidative stress) the reaction was too intense.

I'd like to hear what Rich says about this. He might have a better understanding of what's going on biochemically.

Also, I seem to recall that someone said that Cheney said you need to fix the enzymes (SOD, CAT, GSH-PX) in order.

This is apparently what he said on one of those videos.

I am taking 3 of Life Extension's SOD with Wolfberry (sp?). I am going to take them for a month and try the Biotec pills at that point starting with one and working up very slowly.

Not very enlightening I know.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2008]