Biotin -for neuropathy,skin and hair loss

Discussion in 'multiplesclerosis' started by daylight, Dec 27, 2010.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

Love this stuff. Also is good for temporary relief of fatigue. I've been taking it for 2 weeks now in hopes that it will keep my hair from falling out . So far it is falling out less. I take 5000mcgs a day in the morning. It has helped me a little with fatigue (a little that is) . It also supposed to help with metabolism .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin
    I also take folic acid for hair loss.
  2. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Daylight-I also lose alot of hair- I think it is a symptom of the overall health issue- I have MS type progression with no MS diagnosis.

I went on Dr. Wahl's diet- striving for the goal of 9cups of raw veggies/fruits ( I go light on the fruits) /day. And since I've been doing that (2 months now)- my hair has stopped falling out and skin is much improved. i take this as a sign that my body is getting something it needs. I'm also gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, low sat fat and striving to be legume free . Dr. Wahls' recommends 3 cups of cruciferous , 3 sulfur foods, 3 brightly veggies- she eats no grains, no diary-- pretty much raw diet, plus bone broth , and 2-4 oz lean meat/day. The only stories i see of recovery with MS are those who did some type of diet similar to this or major diet change- it may not work for everyone but lots of hopeful stories out there. See Dr. Wahls story, also the MS recovery diet book , swank and others. I think the raw component is helping me-- will see where I'm at in 6 months.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've tried it but it seems to keep me from sleeping. This is strange because I read that it is used to improve sleep.

Love, Mikie