biotin has helped

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by oesmom, Aug 20, 2005.

1. oesmom

oesmom New Member

I wanted to let everyone know that I started taking biotin for major hair loss. Although I don't see any improvements in my hair, my pain is less and my depression is much better...not perfect, but better. I looked up "biotin depression" online and many symptoms of biotin deficiency and fibro are the same. Now if I could get my fatigue and hair loss under control.
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I, too, have been taking biotin for hair loss, not noticing any improvement on that front either. But I've suspected for a long time, and my recent naturopathic/NAET treatment has confirmed it, that I do NOT absorb B vitamins. And biotin's a B, right?? I'm already taking B-12 injections, but I doubt I'm getting much more that way than I was when I was taking them orally.

I'm doing the NAET allergy technique, and soon we will be trying to clear the B vitamin problem. Then maybe I'll get some benefit from all the B's I'm taking...

I'm glad you're noticing better pain levels & less depression! It could be that down the line, it'll help the hair loss, too.

Hugs,
    Pam