Biotoxins: Is Cholestyramine a good detox or not?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by isee, May 18, 2003.

1. isee

isee New Member

I'm confused - conflicting posts here state that cholestyramine (a protocol used by Dr. Shoemaker, and now, Dr. Cheney) either works or does not work as detox for biotoxins.

In one post, on cigua toxin, the poster claims that the CFS association, as well as a leading researcher of cigua, claim cholestyramine has produced poor results.

Yet, in an earlier post, the opposite is claimed, citing that Dr. Paul Cheney, a leading CFS doctor, has just incorporated cholestyramine into his txment protocol for his patients.

Has anyone here(who's taken cholestyramine) seen either good or poor results?

I just purchased cholestyramine on my naturopath's recommendation. (I tested positive on the VCS test designed by Dr. Shoemaker.) He says his CFS patients have seen positive results from its use. And, he claims to have worked with CFS patients for over 18 yrs.

I'm worried that I may just be heading back out to sea again. Treatment-wise, that is.

I'd love to hear from people who've actually taken cholestyramine.

Thanks,

Anna
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

New area of exploration..As in many areas, there is conflicting information..have you read the websites that Yolapa has referred people to?...Will bump to see if can attract anyone knowledgable about this...

[ advertisement ]