Birds and Blooms

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by therealmadscientist, Jan 23, 2008.

1. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Just have to report the/my discovery of a "totally delightful" magazine, "Birds & Blooms".

Just talks about home gardens, birds, flowers. Gets serious only about things like birdhouses. Has a Question page where can can write in questions and get answers mailed to your home address.

Such a nice change from Newsweek, Time, Fortune, Failure:), magazines.

Sort of made my day.

Cheers, your mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 01/24/2008]
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I subscribe to Birds and Blooms, then I send them to the grandkids. They are so beautiful and the grandkids love them.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We got a birdhouse from my husband's brother/wife for Christmas and since we will be moving soon, this sounds so good. We will have a yard with plenty of room for a garden and for birds! I'm liking flowers more and more as I age and now being retired and getting a yard will allow me some real time and space to pursue these things.

I will check it out. Thanks for posting it.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

I've seen this magazine before,,,remember it was very illistrative!,,,I'll have to check it out again!,,,I'm a big bird watcher/Feeder,,,,lots of species up north here!,,,,Thanks for the reminder,,,,S
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Sounds crazy but I spent my Jell-o shot money on a subscription to this magazine.

I make the shots up and sell them at my DH's bar. No one else wants to put up with the stink of all that sugar and food dye plus booze fumes. The customers love them and it's a nice little part time enterprise.

I took some great hummingbird photos at the Ozark Springs cave. I keep meaning to email those in for publication. This year I intend to have a butterfly and hummingbird garden.

Got my bulb garden put in last fall. I saved some bulbs to force indoors for Easter. They smell like Spring. Don't know about anyone else but I have cabin fever.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2008]
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Hi munch. Just curious about the jello shots. Seems that everytime I've mixed alcohol with jello, the jello wouldn't harden. Maybe you can share your recipe.

I glad that so many others have enjoyed "Birds & Blooms" also. Cheers, your mr Bill