Birkenstocks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Mar 16, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I just got my first pair of Birkenstock's today.

I was watching QVC and they were the special value of the day.

I'm wearing them to start conforming them to my feet.

Anyone else out there like them?

I don't know if I'm going to like them or not, but will give them a try.

Kendra
  2. CountryRocker

CountryRocker New Member

I hope they help you. I bought a 40.00 pair of Crocs because they were supposed to help with leg and back pain and instead of helping, they make me worse.
  3. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

They do help me a lot. You have to give yourself some time to get used to them. Try wearing them for short periods of time until your feet conform to them, otherwise your feet will hurt, especially since that is your first pair. Once you get them broken in, at least in my experience, they are great.

My favorite pair though, and they are pricey but worth it, are suede clog Birkenstocks with soft latex in the sole that is sort of cushioney. They still conform to your foot, but are not as hard. I have had that pair for 5 years and I love them. You can usually find those at the mall or at a Birkenstock specialty store. They are over $100.00 though!

Good luck :)

Deena
  4. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I love Birks, but everyone is different. It takes a little while to get used to them, like any new shoes. I think they have good support in them & I have flat feet, so I need it.

Good luck!

Leanne
  5. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Kendra...I love my Birkenstocks! I have had pairs for 10 years, so they last a long time if you take care of them. I have several different pairs, but today am wearing a clog-like pair with some cushy socks....really comfy. I have a lot of foot pain walking barefoot, and my Birkies are my favorite shoes!

I agree with the other responder, that wearing them a little at a time might be the best way to get used to them and letting them conform to your feet.

Hope you like them...Ann
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kch64:
    I have two pairs and I can not wear them. I do not regret trying them, but for whatever reason they are nothing special for me. I wear soft clogs that fit snugly and I never take them off.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I have flat feet & they are great support for me. AMY
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

Since I got them about two hours. They feel pretty good.

I don't have flat feet, but they say that make a custom orthotic to your foot after wearing them for while.

These are pretty cute.

Thanks for all the posts.
    Kendra
  9. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I like Teva sandals. They're good for anywhere outdoors (if I get out there), and the straps are adjustable. Very comfortable and don't move or flop around, which can be a muscle strain.

kat