BIRMINGHAM,ALABAMA MEDICAL CENTER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Has anyone gone to the Birmingham Medical Center for treatment of FMS/CFIDS?

Thanks, Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2006]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Is that Birmingham USA or Birmingham UK?????? If UK, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks
    love
    Rosie
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hi honey!

I am in Huntsville and have not been to the BMC but I have been to see Dr. Murphree who is in Birmingham.

I really liked him and what he had to say. He actually listened to me and didn't make me feel like everything was all in my head.

However, the only thing I didn't like about his treatment was that it is a little overwhelming. He gives you a whole list of things to do like you are just supposed to dramatically change over night. It was very hard for me to go from not doing the things he suggested to going full steam ahead.

I actually plan on going back to see him soon to get more of his vitamins. I liek his combination.

Okay I hope this helps. I know it wasn't what you exactly asked for but I thought I would give you some info.

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

kate
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

rosiebud....That was a little presumptuous of me to assume that everyone would know that I meant Birmingham Alabama in USA.

katemac329....Thanks for the info on Dr. Murphree. I went to see him when he gave a conference in Mobile AL a couple of years ago. I like him and thought he was very knowledgeable. I have been taking his 5HTP for a few months and am really pleased with the quality. I take either two 50mg or one 100mg at bedtime. I also have been taking his Fibro/CFS Formula, Adrenal Cortex and Digestive Aid for one month.

The Fibro/CFS Formula contains magnesium and malic acid and I noticed a huge difference in my sleep within one week of taking them. I have been falling asleep and staying asleep.

I am curious about the Birmingham Medical Center because I have heard that the U.S. Govt. has poured money into this center and wondered if FMS and CFIDS was part of their specialty.

Lolalee

5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

WOW! I did not know that they had a special unit for CFIDS and FMS!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!

Also that is so funny about how you have seen Dr. Murphree at a conference. Small world!

You are welcome for the info. I really do like him but like I said felt a little overwhelmed.

BUT...when I went to see him I had just gotten out of the hospital for depression and suicide (long story but it involved being very depressed for being told I couldn't have children). Anything overwhelmed me at that time!

I am starting to feel run down but I know most of that is from lack of sleep and running on empty taking care of Landon. But I love being a Mom so don't get me wrong, NOT COMPLAINING!!!! :)

I seriously think I am going to go back and see him. It probably won't be for another month or so because I am going to be having surgery soon and need to recover from that before I start on any regimens.

Okay well I gotta get going! I didn't realize that you were in Alabama! Too bad we are so far apart!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

kate
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

need info on Birmingham Alabama Medical Center
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member