Birth Order study ?? This is where research $ is going ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dojomo, Oct 11, 2002.

1. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Look at the news article in the library... Studying birth order and it's association with CFS.....How ridiculious is THAT. Because birth order has psychological impacts....???????????

I am SO FED UP with all these psychological studies and pissing (can I say that?) away grant money on BS studies that aren' going to help anyway. Let's have more pathological studies and good statistics recorded with the research funds. (More smoke and mirrors research)

How is knowing whether we were the first or second born going to help us..this is laughable IMHO.....DJ
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2002]
  2. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Look at the news article in the library... Studying birth order and it's association with CFS.....How ridiculious is THAT. Because birth order has psychological impacts....???????????

I am SO FED UP with all these psychological studies and pissing (can I say that?) away grant money on BS studies that aren' going to help anyway. Let's have more pathological studies and good statistics recorded with the research funds. (More smoke and mirrors research)

How is knowing whether we were the first or second born going to help us..this is laughable IMHO.....DJ
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2002]
  3. sean

sean New Member

Do researcher really care about finding cures? as long as there getting paid to do research, then thats probably the most important thing to them. They won't be bothered how ridiculous the research seems, unless they are directly paying for it themselves.
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

most reach there doing is a waste of time and money i cant belive all the crap ive read 6 articals on fm and exercise in the last month and none said that it always helped or didnt they should save there money and just read our board or better yet just pay us to answer there ? this is realy something that makes me want to scream!
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Well I am the Oldest in a family of 6 children, that we know of.
    My 5 brothers and sisters are half sib's, and they may have other siblings but we know nothing about them or their health. I guess I may have other siblings also, never knew the pappa of my orgin, so there could be others on both side of the Tree here.

I do know that All my Sisters have been dx with FMS, by different Dr's and at different times in our lives.
    We also have Various co-exisiting conditions. Like OA, MVP, MPS, AS, SS, DDD, to add to the mix of FMS.
    My Brothers have all of the above plus the youngest has Heppitis C. The older Brother has Anklosing Spodilis.

So Birthorder dosen't apply to us, were all sick.
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon