Birthday of Dalai Lama - July 6th

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Jul 5, 2011.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

I so appreciate the presence of HH The Dalai Lama in our world. His smiles, laughter, compassion and humanity are a great gift to me.

David Steindl-Rast shares this anecdote at gratefulness.org:

"If you had to select a single word for what makes the Dalai Lama so special, which would it be? For me, it is the word "all-embracing." His compassion embraces not just Tibetans or Buddhists, but all people everywhere; and it embraces all of every person - mind, soul, and body. I experienced both. Once, when i was privileged to sit next to His Holiness while someone else was lecturing, he noticed that both of us were fingering our prayer beads. Quietly, he reached over, took the string of beads i was using, and let me use his. With this one gesture, a Buddhist embraced all Christians. On another occasion, he noticed that my hands were cold, simply took them between his own hands, and rubbed them, as a mother might do with a child. With this one gesture, another human being embraced all of me." — Br. David

[This Message was Edited on 07/05/2011]
  2. springwater

springwater Member

Indeed! It is hard to imagine a spiritual and political head who is so approachable,
    smiley and lovable as HH.

I pray for his long life, and blessings on him and his journey.

On his birthday i visited a monastery and lit lamps and offered up prayers for
    him.

Normally all the Buddhists and Buddhist Tibetans take out rallys and organise
    special events for him but the government under pressure from the Chinese
    embassy here is cracking down hard these days and did not allow any
    processions this time. they did not even permit large gatherings and arrested
    some people.

Thank you for posting what you did. He is such a wonderful being.

God Bless
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Doesn't hurt either :)

Love, Mikie
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

I was thinking of you, and wondering how you would be celebrating on this important day.

Yes, the ongoing sorrow of this oppression!

It makes me admire HH all the more, as people do all around the world. His peacemaking, great compassion and humanity shine all the brighter in these inhumane events.

He is a gift to all of us!
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm a Cancer - moon child. Right on the cusp - my birthday was the 21st - summer solstice.

Are you a Cancer also? Actually I've quite forgotten what the characteristics are. My other sign is Gemini.
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Mikie - thanks for filling in as a moderator! You were one when I first came to ImmuneSupport.com, and you created a very safe-feeling environment here. You have a gift of being very balanced and calming. So good to have you moderating again.