Bizzare..but..how can I have one thigh that's a lot fatter than

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Jul 3, 2006.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

the other. I have put on weight but my right leg is still a normal shape but my left one is developing a fatty lump on the back and the outer side....is this what they call 'saddlebags'? Why is it on one side..is this indicative of a posture problem? I do get a lot of severe headaches withneck, shoulder, back involvement...could this be misaligning my posture or something...I've noticed these one-sided fatty areas only since the weight gain...I daren't ask the doctor..I like her a lot and she listens well but I don't want to ask her this incase she thinks I am nuts! :)
    Thanks...Shelbo
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

People look at me strange too when I point out that my left leg is much larger, more swollen, than my right leg.
    It is especially noticable in lower leg.

I mentioned it to doc last week too because it REALLY bothers me. He thinks I'm strange anyway.

We had other issues to discuss, but I'll find out why one of these days!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  3. place

place New Member

for some reason, one of her bottom cheeks atrophed to almost nothing. The other one stayed normal.

I not sure what the conclusion was but she went to see her doc about it.
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

lymph glands is not working properly.

My uncle was born with this condition and one of his legs is much larer now than the other. It is called lymphodema. The only thing he can do is lymph gland massage. I would check with your doctor!

Shelbo-I have a back injury and one side of my butt is larger than the other. My left leg has always been a little larger than the right. If my pants are too tight than I notice it.
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Thank you for the info!

I hope it can be treated and is not something I have to live with the rest of my life!
  6. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Shelbo,

I tend to agree with Ulala.....A massage therapists that is trained in Lymphatic Drainage could help with that...My MT is trained in this....it is so very relaxing to have this done....very nice....it benefits so many things in the body...
    Cindy
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

by taking too much thiamine?
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Polio can cause this when your a child. But I'm sure you have had vaccines .
    I had a neighbor when I was a child and she had Polio as a child.
    Let us know if there is a reason for yours .Are you right handed or left handed ?And which leg is it?