black spot in eye

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SayCheese, Dec 8, 2002.

1. SayCheese

SayCheese New Member

Hello, hope you all are doing fine today and there is not too much pain for all of us.

Yesterday we went for a family visit. It is a 2 hour-drive and we had a lot of trafficproblems. Drive and stand stil, drive and stand stil.. it made me very nauseas and lightheaded and everything looked surreal to me. I felt very uncoordinated and my husband pulled the car over to get me some fresh air. (I checked my bloodglucose because I am also a diabetic (type I) and it was okay.)

When we (finally) arrived I was trembling on the inside, with very weak legs and severe dizziness. And when I sat down all of a sudden my right eye got a black spot in it only in the lower part of my eye. (like half a circle).
    That's the part that worries me the most. It was there for I think half an hour.

Today I feel fine again except from the usual things, but yesterday was scarry to me because I don't know what it was.

Thanks for 'listening' and I hope maybe someone knows what it possibly could've been.

Warm regards, SayCheese
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2002]
  2. SayCheese

SayCheese New Member

Hello, hope you all are doing fine today and there is not too much pain for all of us.

Yesterday we went for a family visit. It is a 2 hour-drive and we had a lot of trafficproblems. Drive and stand stil, drive and stand stil.. it made me very nauseas and lightheaded and everything looked surreal to me. I felt very uncoordinated and my husband pulled the car over to get me some fresh air. (I checked my bloodglucose because I am also a diabetic (type I) and it was okay.)

When we (finally) arrived I was trembling on the inside, with very weak legs and severe dizziness. And when I sat down all of a sudden my right eye got a black spot in it only in the lower part of my eye. (like half a circle).
    That's the part that worries me the most. It was there for I think half an hour.

Today I feel fine again except from the usual things, but yesterday was scarry to me because I don't know what it was.

Thanks for 'listening' and I hope maybe someone knows what it possibly could've been.

Warm regards, SayCheese
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2002]
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

NOt sure if this is what you have but I just started getting these about a month or so ago, (time escapes me these days!) and what I usually get is in my right eye, I get a spot that is like a perfectly circular cloud right in the center of my vision field. I get the nausea like a sweeping wave and feel like I am kind of floating away, there but not there.

You might pay attention to that if you don't get the migraines and consider that maybe they are starting, just another wonderul benefit of our dd.

Jaci
  4. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Immediantly. Especially because you are diabetic,you could be at risk for a retinal detachment or this is possibly a symptom of occular migraine (did you have a headache after?) I frequently have "floaters" that appear as whispy smoky puffs or strands in my eyes. I also have the clear vibrating circle in my eye right before a migraine sets in. Please tell your physician about these symptoms as soon as you can.
    Best wishes,
    Darla
  5. Carina

Carina New Member

It could be a precurser to a migraine, I experienced somthing like that with my migraines a few hours before it came on. As we age we get "floaters" that will pass through from time to time. My uncle has a total blind spot that looks black to him and it just stays there. He went to an eye doctor about it. I don't remember what the doctor said but sometimes it can be a sign of something serious.

I feel our eyesight is too precious to risk losing so I would advize that you go to have it checked out. Good Luck
  6. sybil

sybil New Member

once they appear,they never go away.so i would consult your optician,like someone said,it could be the first warning of a detatched retina.
    i am at risk from that,because i have an over large eyeball and as i get older,the eye will stretch,with the possibility of the retina becoming detatched.i have been warned by my optician,that if my eye suddenly fills with black spots,accompanied by intense pain,i should go straight to my local hospital as an emergency,as my retina will have detatched,

sybilxxx
  7. SayCheese

SayCheese New Member

for your reactions. I had no idea it couldĀ“ve been some sort of migraine because there was no headache involved.
    Just that feeling of not realy being there what Jaci was talking about. And the whole body feeling weak.

About the detached retina I always thought there has to be alot of pain so I did not worry about that.

I see my docter on Januari 13th and I will definately tell him about this.

Love, SayCheese
  8. Wreckless

Wreckless New Member

sometimes I get two at once, and if you try to look directly at the spot, it jumps. Here is something to read on that. Does not tell the cause, but tells what happens, sorta.
    http://www.harmsy.freeuk.com/GDexp.html
    Rudy