Blacking Out Feelings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jun 14, 2007.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Does anyone have these feeings as if you are blacking out for a few seconds, Its something like dizziness but not..

I was sitting at the table doing some paper work and all of a sudden its like everything went black and guess I was dizzy cause I grapped hold of the table and closed my eyes, it only lasted a few seconds, but seemed longer...These spells seem to come and go, not lasting long but leaving me anxious as to what is going on.

Could this be a symptom of MS or is this part of CFS?

I also have blurry vision and weird head feelings which are so hard to describe.

Can anyone relate...

2. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

I seem to experience something similar. Alomg with the symtpoms you've described, I also feel pressure in the head when I'm having these spells. Dizziness and ringing in the ears too. I can't even talk when it's happening. They do pass in a few seconds. They are weird and scary. It's like something passing over you then it just stops.

Wonder what is going on with us......... I wonder a lot.
    Sometimes I just think it's part of the FM equation but I just don't know.
  3. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

Great Gran,

I get those feelings too. It can be very scary because you can never predict when it is going to happen. I get weird head feelings to. Very hard to describe, but I know what you are talking about.

I don't know what causes it. I have been dx'd with CFS and they think I may have FM, but haven't dx'd me. I wish I knew...

I wish I knew what causes any of this stuff!
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Monalisa and Annie, sorry you have these spells..Have you ask your doctors about them?

I went to see my doc today, which I know no more than I did..I did ask him if I had symtpoms of MS or a Brain Tumor and he said no..He is leaning toward allergies if anything..

He is my medical doc and doesn't believe in fibro and cfs..He sent me to a rheumy to rule out Lupus but the rheumy
    said fibro , cfs, sjogrens..But due to my high postibe ANA and other labs my medical doc thinks its Lupus or some other rheum.disease..Heck I am so confusssed...

He doesn't think these spells are serious but could be allergy or anxiety related..Too, he doesn't like to give anxiety meds ..He is so easy to talk to and is a good doc but think I need to change..

Too, he feels that my disease what ever it is and the anxiety are two different things and not related.. I am going to print out some CFS info and take it to him..
    I am going to try to educate him on this DD...Its a shame that some doctors don't believe in this DD, know wonder we have such a time and so confussed...

Thanks and God Bless,
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have the head pressure feeling and my ears ring 24/7...

6. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

I too have very high ANA and psotivie ENA marker for lupus. My reumy keeps teeling me even though my blood work shows probable lupus he is not ready to diagnose me with lupus as something "is not sitting right with him and doesn't fit". He wants to monitor me and repeat the blood work every 6 months because he said sometimes it can change. He said it takes a long time to diagnose lupus and be sure. I was so confused and am in limbo about this.

Two things he told me with 100% certainty are that I defintitely have Fibromyalgia and I definitely have 'something' autoimmune going on. I hate waiting and being in limbo.

Another doc I'm seeing told me my 'spells' might be related to low blood pressure, low adnrenal function or low blood sugar levels. Who knows???????

Everything is one BIG mystery to me.
  7. Lilylover

Lilylover New Member

Wow, I keep reading so many things that I can say "me too"!
    We all seem to share in so many of the strange and scary
    symptoms of this DD! I do have those "black out" moments too. I have had them for many years. I feel it is just part of this thing called CFS/Fibro. I try to not let them scare me anymore! I also will feel like whatever I am sitting on "moves" for a quick moment, like there is an earthquake! Not fun! We all seem to have to just "move on" and have to put up with all things happenings! Each day is sure an "adventure"!! hugs, Susan
  8. Hissie

Hissie New Member

YES!!! I had several episodes a couple of weeks ago after a very stressful event... I could hardly stand...everything went gray, then black, and I hung on to the counter to avoid falling over..... Ug.

9. greatgran

greatgran Member

How are you doing now?? You described the way I felt better than I did...It is an awful feeling plus my anxiety goes in high gear when this happens...

God bless,
  10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have vasovagel problems.Fell out within the first 10 minutes of a tilt table test.I think my bp drops during those times too.

11. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Not as much as I used to, and it doesn't seem to scare me like it once did.

The description of feeling like there is a mini earthquake under me is very close to the sensation - and it IS NOT MUCH FUN!!

All the best to you, hope you get some good days soon.

12. jole

jole Member

The mini earthquake fits here too. But with just an instant of loss of awareness as to what is going actual blackness. People think I'm weird grabbing to hold onto something with a strange look on my face when I was walking "fine" a moment before...or grabbng table/chair if I'm sitting.

I honestly think it's a mini seizure myself...
  13. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Have this bad dizziness, not aware of things ,off balance running into things, misjudging my steps This for me is worse than anything!

Today alone Ihave bumped my head getting into car.Misjudge my step /

Sometimes it almost feels as i am nothere or my reality is gone.
  14. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I always figure my fainting feelings are due to my meds. I am very weak and often feel like that if I stand too long or get too hot. Sometimes i'll just zone out and realize I don't know what happened (thankfullly it's only happened while sitting down)

I've had to sit down in the middle of stores cuz I know I'll pass out if I don't. I really hate it, many days I don't drive if I'm feeling this way. Not a good idea, huh?
  15. lutenashley

lutenashley Member

Hey guys, it is scarry to hear so many of you describe what happens to me. I first feel a heat , finging in ears, everything is out of focus , i start to loose control of my limbs, legs go wobbly etc then in a second it goes black or grey. Some others have seen this happen an it scared them to death. I normally end up falling hard. then i dont really remember what happend. like one of you said " loose my reality" i have a 9 yr old who recntly saw part of this and it really scared him. Ive spent the whole weekend like this and all i can do is lay in bed. it cant be anxiety because I take axiety and depression mesds

thanks for listening