Bladder Infections Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, Mar 4, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I have them almost constantly and have to take Macrobid everyday. I also notice that afer I urinate a little bit will leak out. Sorry.... just wondering if anyone else has this?
  2. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Hi! I know what that is like. I don't get them constantly,but seems like often enough. Many times, I'm not sure-I feel like it-but it doesn't show up in a urinalysis. That particular med seems to work the best for me.It stays away from the yeast going further. I actually was starting to feel that way today a little. I get a little feeling of bloatedness,,very dry-slightly crampy. I have been wearing pads for several weeks because of my brochitis.. I never want to be without one if I have to cough really hard. I was trying to think of that particular med this morning. I am sorry you have to have it often-it can be the pits! Are you post-menopausal? My mom used to get them a lot-the dr. thought because of dryness. Good luck!!
  3. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

No, I am not post menopausal. I am 35 and have been getting bladder infections for years now. I have just been told that I have autonomic neuropathy so I am assuming that my bladder problem may be related. My youngest daughter gets them all the time now too. She is only 10. Just wondering if anyone else has recurrent infections or the dribbling after urinating?
  4. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

I pee when I cough, sneeze, stretch and sometimes even when I have to get into a squating position by the ground. It was really bad when I had a chest cold recently.

When I leave the house for a long period of time, I wear Depends. I'm not fond of doing so, but better that than walk around with the front of my pants wet LOL

For years, it's been an off and on thing and only a tiny bit came out. Over the last year it has increasingly gotten worse and now is bad enough to where it will run down my leg. UGH!!

I haven't made a dr's app't yet but I will soon.

About your question regarding bladder infections: I think I just had one a couple of weeks ago but I drank a lot of cranberry juice and my symptoms eventually went away. I think sometimes I get a small infection but it always gets better. About 23 years ago when I was 7 months pregnant with my 1st son, I had an bladder/kidney infection so bad that I pee'd dark brown urine and the hospital lab sent someone to get another cup of pee from me because they couldn't believe how bad the infection was and wanted to run another test. After the 2nd results came back, they said it was the highest blood count (can't remember which one) that they had ever seen.

I had horrible back pain with that one and was in the hospital for 3 days.
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Just replied to your other post and here I am talking to you again.
    My hairdresser had a constant bladder infection. She has a big glass of cranberry juice every day and all problems have gone. Say`s it brillient stuff.

Pat.

[ advertisement ]