Bladder problem..ideas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloeuk, Mar 25, 2006.

1. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I have only recently been diagnosed with cfs, I have had 3 flares in the last couple of years, in the past I mainly had joint problems that was put down to psoratic arthritis as I had psoriasis at that time.

Anyway, I have been unwell for about 7 weeks now and I guess for the last 3 weeks(maybe longer) I have had problems going to the toilet, I feel the need to go but as soon as I am sat down, my bladder just doesnt want to work...so I either sit there and try really hard to relax and sometimes that works, although it is usually only a trickle and I can feel I still need to go...I have used the rocking backwards and forwards thing and that helps but I am still walking out of the bathroom feeling the need to still go.

I also try the pushing approach and again sometimes that works, alot more will come out but it leaves me breathless and as soon as I take a breath the pushing has to stop and then it is back to the relaxing method. I have no pain and had my urine tested a week ago...so is this related to cfs or fibro...I dont dont if I have spelt that right so forgive my ignorance...my rheumy appt was terrible, he didnt actually discuss with me what he thought was wrong with me but when my husband called he said to him I def have cfs...I seem to be suffering with neurological symptoms too, last week I was numb down one side of my body and I am having really embarrasing situations due to short term memory loss...and even writing this I am having to think so hard about how to write and how to spell??
    Sorry this is so long
  2. livin4him

livin4him New Member

and this is one of the symptoms I have. Have you read any about IC to see if maybe this could be the culprit?

There are other symptoms that go along with it. The main one is pain. Have you thought about seeing a urologist?

Hope this helps.
  3. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I have interstitial cystitis(in remission after taking Elmiron for a year or so). When It became unbearable pain or I couldn't sleep I would take uristat...or something similar over the counter. It basically numbs the bladder and urethral lining. Try this while waiting to see a urologist familiar with IC....make sure it's someone familiar with I.C. I saw 3 urologists before I found someone who knew about I.c.

Good Luck,
    Tracy
  4. mrsED

mrsED New Member

Dear Chloe,
    I sit and sit and wait and wait. Then dribble and drip, then wait some more. Sorry to be so graphic. I, too wonder if it has to do with nerves from my spine since i have bulging discs and degenerating discs. I've also wondered if my meds have anything to do with it.
    I will probably end up seeing my Dr. but it's always so frustrating because he never seems to know either and I hate the thought of all those bladder type tests.
    Keep us posted as to how you do.

MrsEd
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Drugs such as Amitriptyline can cause these symptoms. If you are taking anything in this family of drugs, you might want to re-evaluate.

Kathy.
  6. wondering how your doing, I too have this problem.
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Get into a urologist and you`ll know for sure. I have IC too and it seems to be very common in FM suffers. I am onelmiron and it it finally starting to really help me. I haven`t had any side effects except for a tiny bit of hair loss.

Good Luck,
    SAndy
  8. I have some acidoplous pills, I should remember to take them. There is nothing worse than bladder problems, it makes like miserable.
  9. I would think the garlic would irritate the bladder. Do you buy them in the health food stores?