Bladder Questions.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, Mar 17, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been unwell for about 15 years. I am 35. Ever since my blood pressure problems started I have been troubled by recurrent bladder infections. Anyone else have this problem? I am wondering if the infections are caused by autonomic problems with my bladder.
    This gets a bit graphic so do not proceed if you don't want to read about bladder/urine function:

I do not have any incontinence and I do not have to get up and pee in the night. I do have something new happening though. For the past few months , after I pee and get up and walk out of the bathroom, I always have some dripping.Just a few drops ~ not a lot. Is this incontinence? It seems more that some urine may be left in my urethra that gets squeezed out when I get up and move. Any thoughts? I am very much hoping that I am not developing bladder problems.

Thanks for your help!

~Kristina~
  2. Jaden

Jaden New Member

I went to my Dr about this not too long ago!!

He said that the only thing that can be done is to do kegal excersices. I also rock back and forth before getting of the toilet and this seems to help.

My bladder is weak due to having three children, one of which put such pressure on my bladder that I have had problems ever since.

I do get up at least once most nights to go.

I have been doing the kegal excersices(squeezing your muscles down there during the day for counts of ten) and it has helped make the muscles stronger so that I don't have as much leakage.

Good luck!!

Joanne
  3. jmac

jmac New Member

Hi Kristina,
    I'm 34 and have had high blood pressure three years (since my son was born). Are you taking medication for hypertension? Maybe there is a connection with your medication. Some hypertension meds I've taken over the years have had all kinds of weird side effects possible.

I suffer from periodic incontinence, which is a a little different than what you are describing, but it is just another in a long line of ways I seem to be unable to control my own body. I do sympahtize and hope this will pass for you.