Blessing for my family

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Jan 29, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

my request is to help me and my husband get back to the Lord.
    I feel we have back slidden.
    my husband is out of work and I never know how much longer I will have health insurance.
    I am so different when I stray from the Lord, I'm just not as nice. I don't serve him the way I should.
    I have left my church because I feel like they have abandoned me since I have been so sick.
    not even a phone call even when i was there for them.
    I have unforgivness in my heart and it hurts.
    I have stopped praying
    I have been so sick and I feel it is changing my personality.
    I need a new church and I desperately need a good doctor.
    I don't help people the way I use to, I feel weak spiritualy and physicaly. I have not been speaking life at all into my situation, too much complaining and feeling so ill
    thanks
    Lisa
  2. mountainG

mountainG New Member

Hi Lisa, I will surely pray over your requests. You got it! I know how to pray and I know how to use faith. God hears your prayers too even if you are not going to a church right now. He lives in you and therefore He hears you when you pray. He hasn't forgotten you. If you take 1 step toward Him, He will take 100 toward you. He loves you and wants you to be well and happy. He will help you to forgive those that have hurt you. God is going to use you mightily and the devil is trying to stop you any way that He can. God has a specific purpose for your life. Until you can find the right church home (and you will), stay in the Word of God for yourself. Faith will automatically come. Things will start to change. Hang in there and don't let the enemy stop you. You have a job to do. Gail
  3. blessings

blessings New Member

The fact that you want to 'get back ' to the Lord shows that He is calling you, and you want to respond to Him. so many things in this world try to pull us away from the Lord.I pray your husband will find work soon, and you will be provided health insurance and all you need.

Right now, you are ill, and hurt and feeling abandoned brings bitterness which breeds anger. I know you do not want to feel this way. Take it to the Lord and tell Him, just as you have told us. You see, He has never left you. His relationship with us is not based on the callousness of others. When we are weak, then He is strong on our behalf.
    May the Good Lord lift you up, impart His strength in and through you. Fill your heart with His Word and Holy Spirit, take you by the hand and lead his little sheep back to His loving arms...Amen Love to you and the Blessings of God
    blessings
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I believe most all Christian's can relate to what you have just said, I know that I can, and have felt that way many times in my Christian Walk!

I will pray for you, just like I had others pray for me when I felt that way.

As for that forgiveness part, well when you give it to the Lord, ask Him for His peace, thats my way of getting rid of anger and grudges too. I can feel His peace come over me, and its feels so good to just let go and let God!

God bless lady, will be praying for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. gailette

gailette New Member

We are the chruch as I understand.As you and I look at the other in the church I find I must say Did I abanded the church?The bible tell a person if you keep doing christain things your unfaith mate will someday join you.If you are unable to pray Jesus will take your pray to be heard.
    So I pray you will see you are the church and you need to be with the church and pray.Asked we are told.many will be praying for you and your family.We are also told we will be able to handle it and God will help us thru every things bad or good.I hope you understand my writing I have alzheimer myself.God will bless you ,let him.
  6. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I will be praying for you and your husband during this difficult time for you both. Please keep the faith in the Lord and don't give up on prayer. I know one thing that helps me during my down times, and I've been having them this week, is to pray to the Lord thanking him for all the blessing he has given me and my family. May the Lord bless you both, he does know your needs.

This Daily prayer I read by Billy Graham today, seems to fit.

In sorrow, Jesus, your comfort will take all the bitterness
    and longing away and give me courage to face the heartache.
    Your grace will console me and your arms will support me.
    Thank you, Dear Lord.

Bless you Lisa,

Danny
  7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

and kind words,
    I'm sure you know how much they mean and how you are appreciated.
    I'm going to try to serve the Lord
    and I know that by serving others I am serving him.
    There has been some positive things that have happened today.
    and I know that it is because of your prayers
    Love Lisa