Blessings to all

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by receani, Aug 11, 2003.

1. receani

receani New Member

I haven't been on the board for a while. I want to extend my prayers to all. I know the up and down days. And I know that with God we get through them all. I still struggle with the feelings of guilt when I cry and have down days. The days I look at my house and have a hard time cleaning up. The days I hurt so bad and kind of give up hope. As a Christian I am told that it is wrong to have these feelings. These down days don't take away from my gratitude to God for sustaining me and my family through this. I haven't been able to work since October 2002 and God's mercy and Grace have kept us. I just feel useless and hopeless sometimes. I heard a minister once say "if the devil cannot get you to turn your back on God, he'll render you useless to the Kingdom." Sometimes I feel so useless. God help me.
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

and I am so sorry you feel this way today. I am not sure that I can agree that it's wrong to have these types of feelings. After all, all the feelings we have God created and allows us to have. I think it's the dwelling on them and acting upon them is what gets us into trouble. You know the psalms tell us that we a wonderfully and fearfully made and that God knew all about us when we were in our mothers wombs. If our Creator can take the time to care about us so much and know us so well, than we are special...you are special. I know how hard it is to look around and see what needs to be done, and then not feel up to doing it. It does get discouraging sometimes and I have had my share of tears. I just do the best I can,
    I think it is sad sometimes that we think we must be "fireballs for God" and if we aren't doing all these "things" then we are useless. It's just not true, God does not require that we do more than what we can...only WhAT we can, and I think that even the smallest things given from the heart are worth more than all the big things done for recognition. Just remember...the world judges us from the outside in, But God judges us from the inside out...He sees the willingness of your heart and the unwillingness of your body, I am sure He would tell you that He is proud of you for what you DO accomplish. I hope this helps...gentle hugs to you.
    Takesha
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You know, we are human and down days, and depressed thoughts are simply that 'human'. We are not God, we depend on God to lift us up. But with all that is said and done, does not alter the fact that we are human, and have human feelings and doubts.

Even the awesome Apostle Paul complained to the Lord (three times) about the thorn in his side, he said it was the messenger of satan to buffet him, but he realized that it was allowed that he would not think himself above what he was!
    What did the Lord tell him? 'And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in WEAKNESS'.
    Then Paul said; 'Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me'. If you want to read it for yourself, its Corinthians 12; 1-10. Interesting chapter.

I always think of that Scripture, sometimes we have pain, etc. so that we will depend on our gracious Lord instead of our own strenght, therefore we are a great witness for Him.

No guilt is necessary, just thank the Lord for sustaining you, and to heal you.

I will be praying for you....................

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2003]