blinking icons - HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Oct 29, 2002.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Does anyone else find extreme agitation from the blinking icons? I have to put a paper on my screen to cover them up or I cant use the site. Blinking xmas lights will send me running. Years ago when completely healthy I had to leave a friends xmas party because I could not stand the torture her Las Vegas tree was inflicting on me. The whimsy of it delighted her. Is this what they mean by its the small things in life that matter?
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

Does anyone else find extreme agitation from the blinking icons? I have to put a paper on my screen to cover them up or I cant use the site. Blinking xmas lights will send me running. Years ago when completely healthy I had to leave a friends xmas party because I could not stand the torture her Las Vegas tree was inflicting on me. The whimsy of it delighted her. Is this what they mean by its the small things in life that matter?
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

So you see them but they don't blink? Try to go to your profile - then edit profile - at the bottom it says show animations or something like that - I think you can turn it off - mine don't blink.......AMY
    Ooops - mine are blinking today - maybe there is a problem because usually mine don't blink & I can't seem to shut it off either (there is a box in the 'edit your profile' area to shut them off though - just won't work right now) [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2002]
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

I should have complained sooner. Just goes to show sometimes it does pay to read the instructions. Thanks again.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have turned off the icons on this board because they drive me batty. I carry 1/4 tablets of Klonopin in my purse and slip one under my tongue when I find myself in a store or restaurant where there is sensory overload due to noise and/or lighting. Movement will also set me off.

Love, Mikie
  6. sofy

sofy New Member

Got them all to sit down and behave except for the top one . The webmaster seem to be unable to quit swaying from side to side. Perhaps it is afflicted by an uncontrollable tic. Poor thing. I'm breathing much easier now. No need for the pill for me because I cant get mobile enough to get anywhere to get sensory overload. I visit here several times a day between naps just to confirm I really do exist.
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

flashes and blinking lights cause me to have seizure activity due to temporal lobe dysfunction. See, I told you I had brain damage!
    lol
    Kady
  8. sofy

sofy New Member

All joking aside I remember quite a long time ago there was a kids show in Japan that caused kids to have some sort of catatonic seisure or something????? They wanted to import the show to the US and thats when all the hub bub started. Can't remember any specifics. If anyone thinks to remember they might want to ask their Dr. about. If I can remember I will ask my neurologist next month.
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

get these seizures when I'm in the car and we pass by trees that shade everything and then it becomes sunny, then shady, then sunny, then...etc., also on sunny, snowy days this happens!
    you get the picture I am sure. These are focal seizures, not grand mal or anything. During EEG and CAT scans, seizure activity was reported when strobe lights were used.
    I just avoid light changes when possible. Watching TV at night with the lights off is a real no-no for me!
    Love,
    Kady