Blizzarding Blowing snow for the last 12 hrs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jan 28, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

This is Pretty to watch but not to venture out in!,,,Duh! All the Schools are closed and it's emergency travel only!,,,,,,,,,,,,,temp is 4 above,,,,wind chill is -15,,,,,Yea!!
    Good time to catch up on a nap or 2!,,,,Hope you all have better wheather!,,,,Sis
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Sorry to hear about your crappy weather, Sis. But I sure hope that doesn't mean it is moving our way. It seems that the bad weather you get we usually have the same storm/front move in a day or two later.

I don't know about you but I really want spring!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes!! Where is spring anyway!,,,,We get all the wheather blowing in from the Pacific!,,,,,,and yep i bet it just keeps traveling East Monica,,,,,sorry about that!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Manager guy that snowplows the sidewalks was dressed up in a Hazmat suit this morning!,,,,,,,lololol;) Not Really ,,but he looked like it,,,,you know coveralls 2 coats,hat,,,hood,gloves,,goggles,,,plus he's about 6'3,,,,,,,glad it's him out there and not me!

Lindyl,,,i want weeds to worry about!,,,,,lolol! sorry bout your flare too! My Dad is doin' good,,,Thanks for asking!

He Plays his Harmonicia for anybody and everybody and they all love it,,,,,I haven't been up for awhile do to the inclimate wheather and icy roads,,,,,,,We talk on the phone about 2 times a week,,,,,,,will be going up one day soon here!

I Hope your Mom gets her meds straightened out!,,,,tell her hi!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2008]
  4. Doober

Doober New Member

It must be days like this where you wonder what all the fuss is about on Global Warming???????????

I hope you stay warm and comfy....
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Nope i don't have to do any snowplowing! I just keep the walk shovled in front of my door!,,,Thanks for your well whises!,,,,,,,,,Yes What Globel warming? lolol,,,,

I just had to go out and start my car and let it run for a couple minutes!,,,,,The mail box was frozen shut! so no mail today!,,,,,,,,,Wearing a Carhartt Coat ugg Boots hat hood gloves,,,let me tell ya,,,the dog goes potty really fast in this wheather!,,,,,,,S
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Sis,

Hope you are staying warm. Boy that weather sounds brutal, as what my DH would say. Does the weather make you feel worse?? I know I cannot stand any cold weather and it doesn't take me much to stiffen up worse, hurt more and feel SOOO cold and BAD !!

DH and I came from LI, NY and so know about cold weather, snow and all that stuff but glad now that we live in TX so it is warm most of the time and even hot. Been gone to long from NU , more than 30 years). Sorry, but I would rather take the heat. When iti s i the 90's I would rather sweat and go in the a/c and be chilly in the house anyway. Can't even stand direct fans and a/c blowing on me.

You are probably used to it. I know where you live is a beautiful area I am sure, and even prettier with lovely white snow all over (before any of it melts and gets dirty). The picture in your bio is lovely !!

I guess part of it is also my age - oh no don't mention that --aaak !! Also have hypothyroid and even on meds asm still COLD most of the tme.

I'm glad you don't have to be outside. Hope you have lots of good books to read besides your computer - something hot to drink, sounds good too.

Just wanted to say hi and too say how cold I felt when I read the subject of your post (-: !!!

Warm hugs and blessings,

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Well yeah i guess you could say i'm used to it!,,,lolol,,,Beings now i'm 50 and havn't lived anywhere eles but awhile in WY,,,,

And a short stint in Oregon,,,,,,but yes i do spend alot of time inside this time of year!

Actually where i grew up is always 10 degrees warmer than here!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Scenery is the big stickler i guess that Keeps me here and the kids and the Finances,,,,,,,I'm glad you are in TX! thats a warm place!

The photo in my profile is a Forest Fire Lookout in Oregon!,,,,Thanks for stopping in to say hi! and i'll have a cuppa Tea for us!,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm with you on the snow storm watching!,,lots of them comming our way now! Is that a Mineral Hot springs spa Photo in your Profile! Looks very NICE!,,,,,,,Sis
  9. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I could love watching snow storms if I were in the place in your bio picture Terch. Looks wonderful in hot pools.....where is it please? mr bill
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2008]
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

Hey ~~~it's Hot Toddy Wheather!,,,,,,lolol,,,Or Hot chocolate and Peppermint Snapps!,,,,neighter of which i can drink!,,,darn!

Mr Bill~~~Terch lives in Canada,,,,,,And they have some really nice hot spring spas up there! Canada is about 80 miles to the border up this way,,,,,,

Fight~~~I live in MT,,,Thanks for the warm whises!

Snog~~~Yes I Agree!,,,,The snow is Beautiful,,,the ice is Treatcherous!,,,,,,There have been alot of wrecks and slide-offs in these big storms!,,,,,

I've hit the Ground a few times in my life with this ice under the feet!,,,,Not Fun!,,,,,,,Consiquently i take Baby steps this time of year!,,,,,Lolol,,,,

Elaine ~~~yep i start the car and let it run for a couple minutes everyday ,,,and sweep it off everytime a snow storm passes through!,,,,,,You be careful out there Toooo!,,,,,,,I Hope your Mom had a happy Birthday!
  11. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I can just picture you sitting with a warm fuzzy blanket in front of a fire drinking hot chocolate and watching the beautiful snow fall. LOL
  12. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wow that sounds like a wonderful place. We have a pool that is saltwater and it is wonderful. It makes your skin so soft and if I could live in i would. I am painfree when I am in that water.
  13. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I don't like snow storms! That means I have tio scoop the walk out to the car,.clean off the car, start the car, the scoop that other half of the walk as I go back up to the house. it kills my back and my hands!

I am a "gloomy gus" when it comes to snow - and that storm that you have had out west is coming to IN any time now. I can hear the wind blowing outside right now.

Spring - my favorite time of the year. Where is it?

Gentle Hugs,

14. sisland

sisland New Member

Enough with all these storms! lets pray for spring!
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Guess What! It's Blizzarding out this am:,,,,Terch,,,,I'm Glad you Caught your Garbage can! Holy Smokes!,,,,,Fight,,,YES LET'S ALL GO TO HAWII!! We can Charge it on our phyc's bill,,,lolol,,,,,S
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

You funny Girl!,,,,Lol You must be feelin' better! Yea!Are you in Northern Wisconsin? cause if you are can you please put on your ice skates and catch up to that Garbage Can!,,,,,,,,Lolol,,,,,Sis
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the web site! I'll check it out! Darn Winter!!,,,,,no worries about that garbage can! I'll steal one from the Neighbors,,,,,Ha!,,,,,,,Hope you have a great day!,,,,,,,,Thanks for making mine!