Bloating and Burping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marlene35, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

For two months now I have had constant bloating in stomach, along with stomach discomfort and lots of burping. This starts following a meal, even a small one, and will last for several hours.

I have had CFS for 23 years and have had this occasionally but it doesn't usually last for a long time. I haven't seen the doctor because I don't like going for every symptom. Does anyone have this symptom with CFS and does it ever last this long.

If you have it, do you have any suggestions of things that might help. I follow a very healthy diet (no sugar, very little dairy, and avoid processed foods).

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Your gallbladder may be acting up (your symptoms are classic for gallbladder problems). About 12 years ago I had very similar symptoms. I went to my chiro who does muscle testing, which indicated that my gallbladder was inflamed. He gave me a supplement called AF Betafood by Standard Process and it worked wonders for my digestion. I had to take rather a large dose, 8 or 9 tablets a day (they're small) for a couple of weeks).

I later learned I needed to take hydrochloric acid with each meal, especially those containing protein. Low stomach acid is extremely common in CFS and can end up affecting the gallbladder.

I believe my chiropractor saved my gallbladder. I do know there are occasions when it definitely needs to be removed, but if you can resolve digestive problems through other means, it's much better. You can go to your regular doctor and have tests performed, or if you want to find a chiropractor who does muscle testing, go to the Standard Process website and contact their customer service. Also, muscle testing can pick up problems before they become acute or life-threatening and help get them resovled before surgery etc. may be needed.

Try eating drinking lemon water with each meal and see if that helps, and that can give you an indication if you are low in stomach acid.

Below is a blurb about AF betafood which explains how it works. Hope this helps -

AF Betafood

If you have gall bladder problems then AF Betafood may be your one way trip to health, vitality and keeping your gall bladder. If, after consuming consuming a meal heavy in fats, you begin to burp almost immediately, this means you have gall bladder malfunction and your metabolism is more than likely deficient.

Today, doctors are recommending people have their gall bladders removed when the people who signs of gall bladder stress or disease. Here is what really happens. People have metabolism problems. As a result the bodily functions begin to mis-function. When certain foods are consumed that require adequate gall bladder function, we can have signs that the gall bladder is not in a position to do its job accurately. Let us consider this mis-firing of the gall bladder function. Do we destroy the symptom of the metabolism or do we correct the metabolism problem that caused the gall bladder to mis-fire in the first place. Do you think removal of the gall bladder corrects the metabolism problem? Of course not! but correcting the metabolism problem provides us with sick gall bladder relief.

Let us observe the function of bile. Bile has a number of functions. Bile breaks down the fat in food. Bile emulsifies the fat in the digestive system. Bile works to help eliminate toxins from the body. Here is an example of how bile helps: Say you are painting and breath the fumes and the chemicals associated with paint and fumes. The fumes and associated chemicals are drawn into your lungs as you breath. From the lungs, the chemicals are picked up by the blood and carried to the liver. As we all know, the liver works as a filter just like the filter used in keep oil clean in the automobile. The liver proceeds to dump the chemicals from the paint into the bile from the gall bladder. The gall bladder then dumps the bile containing the chemicals into the intestines for elimination.

The most important thing to understand is that the bile is your aid in removal of toxins from the body. But when the bile gets thick like cream this means the fat metabolism is malfunctioning. Bile must be thin to do it's job correctly. Cataplex F and Cataplex A thin the bile and Betafood flushes the bile route.

Standard Process puts together the three complexes to make AF Betafood. Therefore, you need one instead of three bottles of product to help keep your bile flowing properly and possibly forego the serious problems related to malfunctioning fat metabolism.

As you may have already guessed, AF Betafood also takes a serious stress from the liver as well as the gall bladder. The gall bladder functions properly and the liver is able to continue doing its job in relation to it's relationship to the gall bladder correctly as well .

Indredients: Carrot powder, vacuum dried beet leaf juice, beet powder, honey, oat flour, calcium lactate, defatted wheat germ, magnesium citrate, vacuum dried bovine prostate, nutritional yeast, bovine liver powder, vacuum dried bovine kidney, alfalfa meal, vitamin A esters, arabic and cellulose gum, bovine orchic glandular extract, calcium stearate, bovine liver fat extract, flaxseed oil extract, prolamine iodine, ascorbic acid, pyridoxal 5-phosphate, mixed tocopherols, and soy bean lecithin.

Two tablets supply 170 mg Vacuum Dried Beet Leaf Juice and Beet Powder and 130 mg Carrot Powder.
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

hiatal hernia. You probably need an endoscope. I've been down this road, lots of testing to see what the cause is. Good luck!
  4. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

I have thought that this might be the problem. I will get it checked out. Thanks. Marlene
  5. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

I see a chiropractor on a fairly regular basis for my back. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks and will ask him to check this out for me. They do sell the Standard Process products.
    I appreciate your kindness in sharing all of this good information. Thanks. Marlene
  6. Jittle

Jittle Member

I have been this way for 10 years. Everything, even water, seem to make me burp. It was so bad at some points it feels like I can't even breath.
    They did find a small hernia. Put me on med after med that did not work. Finally when I stopped eating bread products it seemed to stop: I think I diagnoised myself as gluten intolerent.
    I have been good now for a few months. I am eating a little bread now and then, but mostly eating fruits, veg's and yogurt.
    I still have to call GI doc to actually take a gluten test.

I forgot to mention my burping would go on all day. I could burp "on demand".[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2011]
  7. simpsons

simpsons Member

i ask this because prof k d M did the urine test that showed a gas that has a smell to it like rotten eggs

i had these burps and then the test came out and i stopped all foods that caused this gas researched on this board by some wonderful kind people here,

i stopped eggs the rare glass of wine that i had and other foods that research here showed produced this gas this includes wheat but i had already stopped that and dairy

it may be worth as well as the great advice above keeping a diary of what you eat and how you feel that day and each day a pattern may become obvious to you

the way to see which foods may be causing this probem is to cut them out one by one and see when you re introduce them how your body responds

the diary will help you here if the pattern is not obvious the diary may show a pattern you would otherwise not notice

include everything you take tablets drinks as well as symptoms each day

the above advice is sound this is just additional advice that may help you when you see the experts above

another thing that really helped me was pro biotics i take mega potency probiotic acidophilus with pectin this helps tremendously in my case perhaps this may be something you may also research a little

hope you have some luck with finding the root of your problem

8. ulala

ulala New Member

Keep us posted on what you find out. According to some articles that I've read burping is a symptom of a hiatal hernia. According to my gastro a hiatal hernia can weaken the pylorus muscle, which is the muscle that keeps food down. The hiatal hernia has caused me a lot of problems.

Swimming seems to help the pressure in my stomach so that my food stays down.

I also find that bread is the worst offender in causing my stomach problems. Breda gives me intolerable GERD and seems to cause bloating. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) can also cause us many problems.