Bloating and gas and feeling like there is knots in my stomach

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sienna, Oct 3, 2007.

1. sienna

sienna Member

Hello to all my friends out there.

Help! I was wondering if you can help me with this problem.

Well I was doing ok managinng the pain of Fm and Ibs (that's a joke) so I tried to eat some of the food that I am sensitive to, so I decided to try to eat some corn again and some fried onion rings. Well every since I ate the corn, my stomach feels like it is in knots and I am very bloated and gasey, I am even more bloated than I regularly am. Does anyone have any rememdies for stomach knots and bloating. By the way no more corn for me. smile

I truly love you guys and thank you in advance for the feedback.
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Last year, the week before Xmas I went to the movies with my husband and our three daughters. I shared a large bag of popcorn with my youngest daughter, probably eating a little more of it then I should have. Well, the next morning I thought I was going to die; I felt as if I had swallowed bricks that were stuck in my chest and abdomen, and the discomfort was really bad. It lasted about 5 days and the only thing that helped was I just kept on drinking bottle after bottle of water to flush it out. Nice way to spend the holidays. I will never, ever ever eat popcorn again.

P.S. The movie stunk.
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 10/03/2007</i>]
  3. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

the same pain in my stomach right now. I was in bed all day Monday with the stomach flu so I bet it is tied in with that! This is painful! I feel bad for anyone feeling this way!
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

This won't help once you already are bloated and gasey, but... in the future if you eat a sensitive food that contributes to your IBS, take digestive enzymes with it, if you don't already do that.

It really helps. I get mine at Walmart. They are called Multi Enzyme formula.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I sometimes use Gas-X or something similar...it has simethicone (sp?) in it that helps reduce the gas.

I also get that "brick in the pit of my stomach" feeling that can last for days. I've never been able to figure out why I get that or how to get rid of it. It's miserable!
  6. sienna

sienna Member

Thanks for your replies.

I know I will stay away from the corn. I know I need a probiotic, but I am afraid it might have gluten in it.

Is there a probiotic, that is gluten free? I do have the chewable enzymes by Nature's plus. It really has a little effect, but I keep chewing them. Has anyone tried beano?

Take Care and I do Care.
    Sienna
  7. Agent146

Agent146 New Member

is the best thing I have used for this problem. I take on empty stomach first thing every morning and it helps with the bloating.If you are bad during the day take some more.I hope this helps you.
  8. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

OK.....I suffered from IBS since I was l8 and I'm now 62. 3 years ago I began to take magnesium religiously, every night without fail. I know this is what has helped me tremendously. I hope you're taking this because it's also good for FM pain. I wish I had known about this "cure" when I was young because my life would have been sooooooo different.
  9. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

for the great suggestions!
  10. liina

liina New Member

Some people may find themselves in a bad stomach discomfort due to severe stomach pain and bloating. Stomach pain in the upper stomach may result to severe discomfort and is connected to digestion problems. It comes when gas is trapped beneath the abdominal cavity causing cramps and tightness. The problem may be frequent as a result of the type of food you always consume or irregular meals habits. Even so, when the problem keeps persisting, then you may have to seek immediate medical treatment and have the problem rectified.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    There are several causes of stomach pain and bloating. Most people suffering from this condition do nothing about it. Unfortunately, they just wait for it to go away on its own. First, knowing its cause is paramount.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Diet may play a factor in stomach pain and bloating. Most people suffering from this awkward condition do so after consuming high fiber foods such as beans, cabbage and Brussels. Other foods such as starchy, alcohol, fizzy foods and sometimes medication may be the prime cause of this condition. Knowing what works best with your digestion is vital.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Another cause of stomach pain and bloating is aerophagia. This basically taking in excessive air which as a result is caught inside the intestinal track. In severe cases, it will result to stomach bloating, pain and discomfort.&lt;BR&gt;
    Lactose intolerance may badly result in a number of symptoms like nausea, diarrhea, bloating, flatulence and also stomach cramps. This is so because your body is incapable of digesting lactose that is found in milk or any other dairy product.&lt;BR&gt;
    Gluten intolerance is another problem; this is when your stomach is unable to digest gluten proteins that are found in rye, barley, oats and wheat.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a gastrointestinal tract disorder. Large intestine gets sensitive to the formation of the gas and result to disruption inside the bowel movements. This may be due to fast or slow movement of the bowel. As a result, a patient is likely to suffer from regular tummy cramps, constipation and diarrhea due to bloating of the intestine.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Food intolerance because of leaky gut, due to overgrowth of Candida is yet another cause of stomach pain and bloating as the fluid is produced in the abdominal cavity in order to dilute food particles. Hence the prime reason as to why a person can consume over 20 b of chocolate and 50 bs.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Candida growth could also play a factor because the yeasts and the Candida feed on the sugar. When your pH balance is upset, the body friendly bacteria such as lactobacilli that metabolize sugar will not function appropriately and Candida albicans will easily penetrate in a sugar rich environment which may result to stomach pain and bloating.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Obstruction of the intestine because of the tumors, intestinal adhesion, foreign bodies and intestinal twisting may as well cause stomach pain and bloating. Other common problems of stomach pain and bloating are eating too much, food poisoning, menstruation, parasite infection, stress anxiety, ovarian cyst, constipation and food poisoning.

the source : http://stomachpainafter-eating.com
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 11/07/2012</i>]
  11. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I have found since I quit eating meat.. and stick to basically a vegetarian diet.. I dont have so much of this.. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I also have read.. I get an email and the woman says.. when You eat fruit and vegetables.. don't eat them at the same time.. and.. to stay away from greasy foods.. which does help.. although sometimes I do use olive oil to lightly saute things..and that doesn't bother me.. nor using the olive oil, fresh garlic and lemon for my salad dressing.. that doesn't either.. for the most part.. &lt;BR&gt;
    I also stay away from milk products. If I try to have ice cream.. most of the time.. I feel bloated, gassy and feel like crap.. Once In awhile I can have it but not very often.. Sometimes when I have.. I end up with the loose bowels too.. so.. that isn't fun either. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I don't eat anything that comes in a package..or can.. such as soup.. I make my own.. &lt;BR&gt;
    When we eat meat.. that takes forever to digest and that will make one feel bloated and gassy and not so good too.. I have tried to add it back in my diet lately.. and I can honestly say.. I feel much better not having it and it isn't sitting in my stomach for a few days trying to digest.. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I try to stick with fruit in the morning with my steel cut oatmeal.. a bit of maple syrup and the Stonyfield low fat yogurt doesn't seem to bother me either.. usually.. sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon and have about 4 or 5 whole walnuts and I am good to go.. and it stays with me.. &lt;BR&gt;
    Later in the afternoon I will have a salad, and either a baked potato.. or sweet potato.. and I am good. &lt;BR&gt;
    I did to go to a Seventh Day Adventist Seminar in the Summer and the speaker says we eat way too much food.. We don't need to have 3 meals a day and the worse thing.. we can do to our bodies is eat late at night or before going to bed.. So I try to do as he suggested.. I feel better and have lost 35 pounds.. &lt;BR&gt;
    Hope some of this info helps!.. &lt;BR&gt;
  12. deepak

deepak Member

Going vegan has really helped my bloating - strictly vegan - I also am gluten free and sugar free. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    This is a very good ayurvedic recipe for bloating and gas.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    one teaspoon of cumin seeds ( roasted) , one pinch of red chilli powder and one-two pinches of rock salt - mix it with warm water and drink.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Works very well to remove the gas and bloating.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Love,&lt;BR&gt;
    Deepak