Bloating for 3 months

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marlene35, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

Has anyone had this symptom for this long. It has been three months since it started. I bloat every time that I eat anything and have discomfort in abdomen above navel. Also, have nausea and belching lots of the time. Had a scope of stomach and the Doctor did not find an ulcer, etc. I don't know what to do next. I am feeling miserable.

Another symptom I am having is that my blood pressure is running very low and drops a lot when I stand, causing me to feel extremely dizzy. Of course, in addition to that I am extremely fatigued.

I have lost a lot of weight because I am scared to eat because of the pain.

Does this go along with CFS and if so, how long does it take to recover from this problem.

Thanks for any help.

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Are you always bloated, or just when you eat? Lactose intollerance can cause bloating. So can ovarian cancer. Did your doctor check your ovaries when you mentioned the bloating?
  3. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

I need to explain this pain more completely. When I eat it feels as though the food is just sitting in my stomach and it feels like a tight band around that area. It is also painful when it is so bloated. I have tried eliminating different things from my diet and it doesn't seem to make a difference what I eat.

There is a post by Richvank that talks about the problem of gastric motility in people with CFS. So this may be the problem. I am seeing the doctor again on Monday and hopefully can get some answers.

Thanks again.
  4. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

I am bloated after I eat, and it can last anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. I have not had ovaries checked but will mentioned this when I see the doctor on Monday. Thank you.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

New symptoms are something we need to bring to our docs' attention. Good luck. BTW, could this be related to your gallbladder?

Love, Mikie
  6. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

as mikie mentioned above, have your gallbladder checked. I had mine removed (emergency surgery) three months ago due to biliary dyskinesia, not stones and this is does not show on an ultra sound, only on a HIDA scan. I had the same symptoms that you explained, and that tight band feeling (btw those were my exact words) that I complained about so often was ignored by every doctor except the surgeon who ordered the scan in the ER. My gallbladder had essentially shut down, and bile was building up and being thrown everywhere which accounted for numerous digestive issues. Also had that full feeling after eating, surgeon told me (post-surgery) that I had ALOT of pressure on my diaphram which probably accounted for the tightness.

Please get your gallbladder checked!!

[This Message was Edited on 07/09/2011]
  7. znewby

znewby Member

I was bloated for longer than that. I never had bloating before nor after. If I recall properly, during that time i also had tmj. The bloating and tmj was terrible and it went on for at least a year. I had a tender stomach and intestine area too. After it left I never saw it again. Where did i get this? I don't know but I am wondering if I got a bacteria in a sick building we worked in where people complained of developing chemical sensitivities. Here is an interesting comment on tmj and bruxism - see the last posting

8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I had similar problems with bloating, belching, feeling very full after eating, and feeling like the food was just sitting there not being digested. I had a couple of things going on, discovered by my chiropractor who does muscle testing (I went to see him after getting no help from my doctor): my gallbladder was inflamed so not working properly, and the chiro gave me AF betafood by Standard Process, it worked great. I had to take 8 or 9 pills a day, but they were small and after a couple of days the symptoms eased up, I had to take it for a couple of weeks.

And then discovered I had low stomach acid which I think was the original problem contributing to digestive problems down the line. So now I take betaine HCL with every meal, especially meals that have protein, and my digestion is really good now. Low stomach acid is extremely common with CFS but most doctors won't check for it.

Here's a simple at-home test to check stomach acid: On an empty stomach, drink a glass of water (about 8 oz.) into which you have mixed one-quarter teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). See how long it takes you to burp. If you haven't burped in two minutes, your stomach acid production is low.

Also,try adding lemon juice to water and drinking with your meals and see if that helps your symptoms, and if it does, then I think you would definitely have low stomach acid.

Of course go to your doctor, have him or her check your gallbladder but they come up with nothing, then I'd try the things mentioned above.

9. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

I will have my chiropractor check out these things. I believe that they sell Standard Process items at their clinnic. Marlene
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Have your chiro check your adrenals as well. Weak adrenals can be linked to low blood pressure and fatigue. People with low adrenal function often need to eat more salt.
    My chiro helped me with this as well, using Drenatrophin from Standard Process.

But of course you can talk to your regular doctor about the low blood pressure too - it's really not good to get dizzy when you stand up. Low potassium can cause low blood pressure too, as well as fatigue, so that is another thing to check.

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had the same situation. The doc did an ultrascan, which showed nothing, and sent me to the gastero. He did an endoscopy which showed inflammation in my esophogus and stomach and he said it was acid reflux. I insisted that I be tested for GB. It wasn't until they did the nuclear test that it showed my GB wasn't working at all. Previously, I had had an abcess break open just over the GB area. In hindsight, I realized that it contained semi-solidified bile and a stone. One of my neighbors had a stone travel in his body and it lodged somewhere critical and he almost died.

I've been fine since having my GB removed, at least, until I developed Sjogren's. I do not have enough saliva to digest my food properly now and if I don't take digestive enzymes, I can get indigestion low in my gut.

Love, Mikie
  12. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I had lots of bloating before I started using Gas-x. Someone on the board said it worked for them and I tried it. It does help. I take about 3/4 of one gas-x after lunch and dinner. Maybe it would help until you're able to see your doctor again.

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most of the meds for gas and bloating will not be effective. That's one way to tell.

Love, Mikie
  14. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I need to check more into this? My Dr told me the last time I was there to get tested.. but I don't know where or who to go to and how does one test themselves?
    I remember you re: with the thyroid. I have to get blood work tomorrow or thursday for my thyroid but trying to figure out whether to take my pill before or after..
    I need to check more on this muscle testing..
    been working with my own issues with like tightness and bloating on me.. Have lost 9 lbs since last month.. which helps some.. felt better but now after carrying groceries in.. feels like my rib or something moved around in my back.... So frustrating..
  15. sterner

sterner New Member

Hi Mary,
    I found your post very helpful. I was wondering, were you taking any PPI's (acid blocking drugs) when you started taking the HCL?
  16. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

No, I've never taken any PPI's. Actually many people who have heartburn actually have low stomach acid so the PPI's may be the exact opposite of what they need. (google "low stomach acid heartburn" for more info) There have been some posts on this board about this issue too.

I strongly recommend a competent chiro who does muscle testing for these digestive issues - mine was invaluable! Kept me off of drugs like PPIs, saved my gallbladder, etc.

17. Elisa

Elisa Member

I know this is a old thread - but just in case the author comes back to check for ideas - I thought I'd add my two cents...

I read a while back that real ginger (in tea or chews/candy) has a marked impact on gastric motility and helps eliviate the feeling of a meal camping in the stomach.

I have tried it on a number of occasions and it worked brilliantly! I hope its helps you!

God Bless,