Bloating & gas!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klee4au, Nov 20, 2005.

1. klee4au

klee4au New Member

Is this normal w/ Fibro? I've never had a problem w/ it in the past, but have really been hurting from it lately. What can I do to relieve it?
  2. MOMSIX

MOMSIX New Member

Hey Klee4au,
    Have you been diagosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrom? It is one of the syndromes under the Fibromyalgia diagnosis. It causes lots of gas, bloating, adomingal cramping, nausea, diarrhea or constipation. It is very annoying and makes you feel really uncomfortable. There are some meds for it. Zelnorm, Librax, or Clindium are some that I have been on. The Zelnorm didn't help me but the later two did. So check with your doctor.
    Gloria
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

befor going for meds so you can eliminate food intake as the cause. Look up elimination diet but the usual culprits are wheat and dairy.

I could hav powered the power plant of a small city and went on the elimination diet. When I added back wheat and dairy i blew right back up. There was no denying that was the cause.

Learning to live without the two took some doing but my flat stomach, no pain & social embarrasement kept me on tract.

You can develop food sensativities any time during life just like you can be stung by a bee many times and the next time have a horrible reaction.

Scrip drugs might help but if you dont address the root cause you will be subjecting your liver and kidneys to added stress from the drugs for the rest of your life.

4. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Same problem here- gas and bloating- very uncomfortable. Any sugestions...... PLEASE!!!!
    Debbie