Bloating - gurgling sound?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Svette_Palme, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

Has anyone else found that when you are bloated and feeling awful in the gut [IBS?] that if you work your abdominal muscles [like a belly dancer] that you get a gurgling sound? I just "suck in" my gut and then let it out suddenly, and it happens. [not anything to do with breathing, by the way].

I am so curious as to what is going on there - is it liquid, or gas, or both? Is it a "motility" problem where fluids collect?

When I am bloated it sure feels like I have 20 pounds of water in there, and it is uncomfortable. I cannot believe how no doctor has an opinion on this for me!! They don't even want to listen to it, and then I feel so foolish.

P.S. - I still cannot reply to posts, it just says "loading" forever and ever, so forgive me if I don't reply [I might "edit" and reply to my own post as a way to reply][This Message was Edited on 01/27/2009]
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

The stuff really helps those of us with noisy innards. :)
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

So that works? Embarassing to say the least, but I have been having gas terribly. I am also terribly bloated. I get what you're talking about. I hate the feeling, I feel heavy, full and just plain crappy.
  4. star273

star273 New Member

I have always had bloating and gas, but I have this weird bubbly feeling, just on one side of my intestines. Its down low and it feels weird. I am assuming its gas. I have most all my FM problems on my right side, pain, numbness, spasms... you know all the fun stuff, but I wonder if anyone else has the "bubbly" feeling??? I have tried Gas -X too, sometimes it helps...
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

i get that and i get nauseated some time bring out the mylanta chewable helps right off
  6. Achyten

Achyten New Member

This is the first time I"ve ever read about antone having fibro mostly on the right side... its good to know someone out there is like me.
    Most that I talk to never say that,,, its their entire body.
    Mind you I do have some problems on the left side, but mostly on the right side.
    I get bloated a lot too,,, and have never tried gasx,,,, so I"m going to buy me some,,, and see if it works.
    How are the bowel movements? I"m taking this supplemental drink that has helped me a lot with constipation,,, I see the products from 'Living Essentail",,, why don't you look it up on the internet? Thats if anyone is having problems with that.. It really helped me!!And its also good for energy..... It's called ' Balance Complete',,,I"m sure you'd find it under Young Living Essentials...
    Just a thought.
    I rarely post,,, but do find a lot of good information on here.
    And I couldn't help notice that your fibro is mostly on your side...
    Take care,,, Achyten
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thirty years here with "IBS" and the sounds and symptoms associated with IBS.

Now this past summer had a terrible bout, end result, celiac disease. Many of the symptoms have eased or disappeared.

If anyone has IBS, I feel they should be worked up for celiac disease to rule it out.

Fondly, June

PS I posted more on this in another thread if you wish to search.
  8. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

I feel the same...most complain about pain through their entire body.
    mine is mostly on my left flank - and head ache/fever. I think that my Hormones have a lot to do with these pains...much worse after ovulation.....bloating at an all time high...but then again so is my hunger!! ;-)