Blonde, Old, or JUST BRAIN FOG--- BUT... does it matter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Sep 24, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Define "Old"

First, you tell your friend that you are having an affair.......!

Then your friend asks you.........."Are you having it catered"??

That, my friend, is the definition of OLD!!!!!

It just occurred to me that you could be "blonde" or have CF/FM/ME instead of old, or maybe all ....

Just like the day I've been having - showed up for my doctor's app't this afternoon on the right day of the week, at the right time, BUT the wrong calendar day. It's NEXT Monday!

Sigh. But at least I was a week early and not a week late...

[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

you've done it again.

I think that was a movie back when I was in high school: A Catered Affair to Remember.

Starred Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.

3. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

A "Catered Affair to Remember"? LOL,LOL. Choke. Cough. mr Bill

4. victoria

victoria New Member

I think I'd rather have a SPLENDID affair, sounds much more secretive and wonderful... leaves everyone wondering exactly what you are talking about?

And you know, Rock, (and you probably DO know LOL) that there WAS a movie called 'The Catered Affair' in 1956, from a play by Paddy Chayefsky, Gore Vidal wrote the screenplay...

so you got 2 with one stone! Very clever, hehehe!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about the movie A Catered Affair. I saw it for the first time about ten years ago on TV. It starred Debbie Reynolds, Bette Davis and Ernest Borgnine.

I thought Davis was miscast. The film never explained how Ernest Borgnine could have fathered a beauty like Debbie.

But the movie did illustrate one of the most fundamental truths about the human condition. When it comes to weddings, women go bah-serk-o!

6. sisland

sisland New Member

I Have a sweet little Neighbor lady who weighs all of 90 lbs and she always tells me shes Freezing cold! and says to me "Be Careful honey",,,,,"When you get old you get skinny and cold" ,,,,,,lolol!

I always tell her hey that's ok! i don't mind being skinny and cold! i can always find a heating pad!,,,,,,,she always laughs at me,,,,,,,about showing up at the Dr's office on the right day wrong week ,,,,,Been there done that! and 2 hours earlie!