Blonde, or what??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Sep 22, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hey, just wanted to share something amusing.

I have my sister's daughter over visiting today, and tomorrow.

She's cute, 12 yr, and very blonde! Which she has gotten alot of grief about from her family and mother, until she's learned to play the part real good!:0)

They (her and my boys) have been sitting at the computor this evening looking up blonde jokes! It's been hilarious.

At one point she said, "I love blonde jokes, but sometimes i don't get them."

Pretty funny coming from the blonde child!!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's a blonde joke no modern child would understand. Probably would baffle most adults too.

Why don't blondes work as elevator operators?

They can't learn the route.

So whatcha been up to lately?

3. morningsonshine

I knew you would like my post Fight! LOL! I don't buy it neither, i know your smart.

Rock, I get it, I get it!! :0)
    I'm either down for the count or trying to catch up with life! I've felt like riding my horse acouple times this summer, it's so wonderful, but i pay a price for it in extra couch time pain and fatigue.
    Check out my profile!
    How are you doing?? What are you reading lately??
  4. morningsonshine

She almost has the part down pat. It's kinda fun having a girl around. I have all boys, you should have seen the look she gave me at one point, when i addressed the whole gang of them as, "you boys". HaHa!

She indulged me and let me braid her hair, and play make-up, then my boys decided to let me put make-up on them also!! To bad i didn't have a camera handy! LOL!!

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2007]
  5. rockgor

Several months ago I read on line about the Grulla mustangs. Too bad I forgot most of what I read (my AZ, you know).

In the movies riding a horse looks so easy. The few times I tried it I just bounced around like a sack of potatoes.

What am I reading? Oh, several books. Just finished an early novel by Anne Tyler called Celestial Navigation.

Also just finished a James Patterson thriller that he wrote w/ another writer. I can't understand how such an experienced writer could have the jury bring in a verdict of not guilty in a civil case.

Am in the middle of "Us Guys". Despite the title it can be read by women. It's a travelogue. The writer is very colorful. One of the places he visited was the Burning Man event which was discussed on the board recently.

Was going to the library this afternoon, but don't have the energy. Maybe tomorrow.

6. morningsonshine

but tooo tired too.
    It's been raining all day!

You want to learn about Spanish mustangs, read, Smoky the Cowhorse, Will James Copy right 1926

The Spanish mustang, which comes in many different colors, was the original american west horse, descended from the horses the Spanish first brought over and breed here.

They are descendants of the moorish Barb horses, that helped create all the beautiful Spanish horses, the Andulsian, Lutistano, Etc...

They are the indian ponys that out ran the U.S. calvery the cowboy pony that herded cattle from mexico to montana, the pony express horse.

The real deal, before the government and ranchers shot the herd stallion and introduced Belgium, Throughbred, quarter horse stallion to the herd, to so call "improve" them, Those are now BLM mustangs, no longer the same, but distant cousins to the Colanial Spanish Mustangs.

Okay enough of a history lesson. If you like horses, and cowboys, and stories that come out of real life, you'll like the book.

I'm reading/looking at a big book right now called; Around the Shores of Lake Superior. A guide to Historic sites, fun and interesting, i've found a few places i'd love to see.
    I have a book by James Patterson that i really liked, called Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, it was a good read, almost suggested it for the book club.

Well, hope that isn't a overload on your brain curcuits?(sp?)

Take Care,

7. morningsonshine

Aren't you up yet???

Good Morning!
  8. rockgor

Just woke up from my nap. I wanted to go to the library and the market today. Couldn't get up the energy to go anywhere.

Oh yeah, that's what I read about the grulla. What you said. You certainly know your P's and grullas. Now it all comes back to me. Haha Not much comes back anymore.

Gary Larson has a cartoon of the Spanards introducing horses to the Indians. Can't beat Scandihoovian humor. Uff-da!

I started a new book today. It a historical mystery set in 18th century England by Hannah March. Pretty good too.
    That's about all I've done today: reading and the dishes.

We had a little rain the other day. Unusual for Los Angeles. Usually only rains Dec. - Feb.