blood bank question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Feb 16, 2010.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

Does anyone know the process for getting screened at red cross? If I made an appt to see about giving blood, would they want me to give it the same day they screen me if I passed their test?
    Also, if I have issues they discover in the screen will they tell me the results or just that I have been rejected?
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

If you have CFS you should not be donating blood.
  3. simonedb

simonedb Member

thx girlfriend,I know that, these are hypothetical questions. trust me, I don't want to give blood even if it was a good idea. am doing research,its related to the thread stacey had the other day.

but here is a hypothetical question, if most physicians and ins. co.s don't have a treatment plan and usually prescribe anti-depressants for fm cfs, well then gee, hypothetically no problemo giving blood, they can't have it both ways. I go down w/a fight.
  4. quanked

quanked Member

I had these same kinds of thoughts when the XMRV news came out. "THEY" CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! The caps are for "they".
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

The best way to get your question answered is simply to call your local American Red Cross office and ask them. That way, you are certain to get the correct answer.
  6. simonedb

simonedb Member

Oh I plan on calling, I was looking on line but I couldnt tell from their websites. I just like to get a headsup on new things from people that have experienced it before I go to an actual institution, just part of my diversity of research.