Blood clot problems ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm on my second blood clot problem since last Spring .. it is another surface one .. and from previous experience I know the only thing the doctors would tell me is rest .. elevate and have the heating pad on it .. plus take anti-inflamitory meds ..
    I understood how I got the first one ( too much stress on my varicose vien from straining to pull a shrub out ) over enthusiastic gardener problem ..
    But this one .. the only thing I can think of is I pushed myself too hard on the treadmill .. it is in a varicose vien in the front of my leg on top of the shin bone .. ouch !
    I get so discouraged from events like this .. I'm trying so hard to be "well" .. the harder I try the more I fall backwards ..
    Has anyone else had a problem like this ?
    I would really appreciate hearing about it !
    Thanks !
    Fudge : )
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

This is the second time I'm writing this reply ! I'm locked in Fibro Fog and I can't get out ! help !! haha

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciated the good thoughts and WOW ! .. I never noticed that the string was in a heart shape until you pointed that out to me ! .. I just told my husband too .. what a HOOT !

I'm feeling low today with the leg problem .. I just get started back on a good routine and bang .. something blows a gasket .. sigh !

I can so identify with you not being able to travel any more .. I thankfully got most of mine in when we were living in the Netherlands .. now I just don't want to leave home .. it is my refuge and where I can feel the most comfortable.

It took a while for me to convince my husband not to feel guilty about traveling without me .. he has gone to Florida and Cuba on trips with fellow hockey referees/players .. a boys vacation .. short and sweet .. haha !

We are lucky to have a quiet little life here we both are comfortable with and enjoy .. me in the garden and hubby in his boat fishing in the summer .. I appreciate what we have so much .. a good friendship with understanding each other ..

Good grief ! I'm writing a book here ! haha
    I just wanted to say thank you for the good wishes and one day I'm going to have all my body parts up to "snuff" !
    Take care too !
    Fudge : )
    PS ... my 'girls" are a real hoot when it comes to boxes !
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

What a nice surprise to see your note in here this morning ! Thank You ! : )
    I'm feeling much better this morning .. I know the 'drill" now when I get into trouble, with some things that is, haha.

I still can't get over we didn't see the heart shape of the string till you pointed it out .. my perception of things is so scattered and confused with all that goes on .. it can be embarrassing some times .. sigh !

We are on our 29th anniversary in April .. an original "military" marriage that makes it to even early retirement is rare .. especially when both of us are in sorry shape ! haha ...
    We bought this house (our first home) in one week, while we were here on a "House Hunting Trip" from the Netherlands .. you only have that amount of time to make a monumental decision with regards to the military's time frame.
    We were extremely lucky we chose a winner .. modest but perfect for us ... and yes .. my garden .. the previous owners would not recognize the house or garden at all I'm sure !
    I love French Country ! I'm sure the bedroom is looking lovely ! .. I know .. it takes us time not only to do physical work but to actually make up our minds as to what to do ! ..

We have a lot of solid wood /leather furniture from Belgium/Germany/Holland ... my only goal was to have a wonderful grandfather clock .. absolutely love them !
    I was lucky to find a job in the NATO international library so we have a lot of furniture/collections from those areas .. we were VERY lucky to have been there !
    Are you home sick at all ? ... I can't imagine living any where but in Canada now.

Well .. I'm writing a novel first thing in the morning .. not a sensible thing to do in my state of "Duh!!" .. turn a blind eye to the mis-spelling and I'll retain my dignity a little longer ? haha

Thanks again for the "conversation" !
    Fudge ... aka Joy : )
    There are two more Joys on the board I think !