Blood glucose levels, anyone here check it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Jul 1, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have been through the gamut with docs and test, but they have never checked me for diabetes. My wife was talking with a friend about my symptoms; dizziness/fog, burning, coldness, leg pain, buzzing sensations. Anyway this person said I should get checked for diabetes and monitor my blood glucose levels.

So we bought one of those monitors and I checked myself 2 hours after eating dinner and got a 94 reading. Is this good or bad? They say:

Plasma Glucose Range for people with diabetes
    2 hours after meal Less than 160

Does this mean I have diabetes, or the preferred range for someone with diabetes. Sorry for being stupid, but confusion is another symptom I have. Regardless is 94 the norm or is it out of range? I am looking forward to checking in the morning.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am hypoglycemic, so occasionally I check my levels

2 hours after a meal, mine generally are 60 or worse.

When it starts getting below 60, I get very tired, shaky, sweaty, panicky and have this unusual need to cry. It is very strange. I feel like I will pass out

I have to eat something right away
  3. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

My father had diabetes for over thirty years, so I can tell you that 94 is in the normal range. However, it would be more accurate to have a fasting glucose test done at a lab.

Hope this helps,
    Kat