Blood glucose question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teach6, Nov 3, 2002.

1. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just got the results of some recent bloodwork I had done and my serum glucose was 63, which is below normal. Is this something I should be concerned about? It has usually registered in the 80's on these tests and that was not what the tests were looking for in particular.

I have been dx'd with Type 2 Diabetes, which has been controlled through diet, and exercise when I was able to do it. My fatigue is too bad to even think about exercise right now. At my current weight my blood sugar has remained under control. I was wondering if I should be watching for hypoglycemia, which has not been a problem until now.

I just wondered if anyone had any info for me on this. I'll be calling my doc in the morning about some other things anyway and can ask about it then, too, but thought if anyone knew something I wouldn't have to wait.

Thanks,
    Barbara

2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just got the results of some recent bloodwork I had done and my serum glucose was 63, which is below normal. Is this something I should be concerned about? It has usually registered in the 80's on these tests and that was not what the tests were looking for in particular.

I have been dx'd with Type 2 Diabetes, which has been controlled through diet, and exercise when I was able to do it. My fatigue is too bad to even think about exercise right now. At my current weight my blood sugar has remained under control. I was wondering if I should be watching for hypoglycemia, which has not been a problem until now.

I just wondered if anyone had any info for me on this. I'll be calling my doc in the morning about some other things anyway and can ask about it then, too, but thought if anyone knew something I wouldn't have to wait.

Thanks,
    Barbara