Blood in Stool Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, Oct 12, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

The last couple of days I've noticed that I have blood in stool. Not a huge amount but about the size of a quarter.

Is this something that goes along with fibro?
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

No- blood in your stool indicates something else is going on. It could be something as minor (although they hurt like the dickens) as a fissure or a hemorhoid (even internal), but if it continues, please get it checked out with a Dr.
    It is fresh blood or does it look otherwise?

3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

yes it can be minor or something major like colon cancer have you had a colonoscopy lately?
  4. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I've also had problems urinating. I will have to go but nothing will go. I haven't even gotten up in the middle of the night to go and even when I wake up in the morning I can't go.

Janalynn: It is fresh red blood. I didn't know you could have inernal hemorhoids.

Charlene: I've never had a colonoscopy. I'm 39 years-old so I figure that will happen in the upcoming years.

Kina: Thank you. I will call the dr.'s office tomorrow.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I had the same thing a couple of yrs ago. BM was streaked w fresh blood. I had several different tests done and then a colonoscopy.

All they found was internal hemms, and gave me Miralax to help w constipation. It was scary tho having to have all those tests, but at least I got to sleep thru the colonoscopy.
  6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im not trying to scare you but my hubby was 40 at his first colonoscopy and they told him if he would have waited he would have had cancer i made him go because my sons bf father died at 40 with colon cancer better be safe than sorry i was having blood also i went last year at 38 to have it done good luck charlene