blood in urine? not serious...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Sep 19, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I met with my gyno last week and she said had blood in my urine. The sampled it out and she said everything is fine. They did a culture but my question is how can blood even in the smallest amount be fine?

I think I will make an appt. with a urologist. I don't have any pain.
  2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I had some tests run in April or so, and when I went to my fibro doctor for the first time, she said "so, did the infection clear up okay?" That was when we found out there was blood in my urine. My regular physicians didn't even bring it up!
  3. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

it's good you don't have pain - but again, not normal. Get yourself to a urologist or physician as soon as you can.

Best of luck,
    Ben
  4. chickadee

chickadee New Member

Many years ago (I'm 66 now and think I was about 30 at the time)I visited my doctor because I saw blood in my urine. He promptly sent me to a urologist.

Six months, a hospitalization and many, many out patient cystoscopies they still could not find a reason for the blood. I had no pain. Urologist wanted to do exploratory surgery and Primary Care doctor said no. They finally settled on a cautrization of the kidney (via cystoscope) with silver nitrate (anyway that's what they told me at the time).

Blood cleared from my urine and I haven't seen any since.

So, in my case it was nothing. But, I'm glad they investigated and ruled out serious illnesses.

Think that today they could do easier tests and rule out serious stuff. I'd still have it checked further.

Peace,
    Chickadee
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I would ask for a 24 hr urine catch and also to be referred to a urologist so he can check. Gynes don't know it all.

Love Anne
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm certainly not advising anyone but I have blood in my urine and have had aaaaaaaaaaallllllll the tests with 0 result. What else is new, right?

My doctor had a name for it and said it isn't serious. But if in doubt, have it checked out.

Marta
  7. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

About three years ago I had the same thing. Every test in the world just to find nothing!!
    All gone now!!!!

Melinda
  8. encantare

encantare New Member

I've had hematuria for years. It's familial. My father's side of the family has it. My whole life I've had blood in my urine, and never experienced any problem with it. If you aren't experiencing any pain or persistant UTI's, your doctor is probably right...it's nothing to worry about.

Best of luck!
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have microscopic blood in my urine and was referred to a urologist. Even though it sounds minor, that is sometimes the only early symptom of a tumor in your bladder.

I saw the urologist today and my urine was clean but they still want to do a cystoscopy to make sure there are no polyps in the bladder.

I have occasional bladder discomfort which they said could be interstitial cystitis which is common with Fibro patients.

I hope we both have "nothing" wrong...
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2006]