Blood pressure anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeliz1951, Nov 14, 2002.

1. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

Hello,
    I saw my Dr. today and for the first time ever my blood pressure was elevated. Normal for me has always been around 90-100 over 60-70. Today it was 112 over 90.
    He was concerned especially since I've had some spells lately and wants me to come back for a physical the day after Christmas. I sit at a desk at work but every 3-5 minutes I have to get up, walk 11 steps to the printer to feed an envelope through. When I do...I can walk to the printer fine but when I get there and stand still I get very light headed,short of breath with rubbery legs, and my face gets very warm. I almost feel like if I let myself I'd pass out. It is only momentary and by the time I get reseated at my desk it goes away only to recur the next time. What's going on? Any ideas?
  2. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

Hello,
    I saw my Dr. today and for the first time ever my blood pressure was elevated. Normal for me has always been around 90-100 over 60-70. Today it was 112 over 90.
    He was concerned especially since I've had some spells lately and wants me to come back for a physical the day after Christmas. I sit at a desk at work but every 3-5 minutes I have to get up, walk 11 steps to the printer to feed an envelope through. When I do...I can walk to the printer fine but when I get there and stand still I get very light headed,short of breath with rubbery legs, and my face gets very warm. I almost feel like if I let myself I'd pass out. It is only momentary and by the time I get reseated at my desk it goes away only to recur the next time. What's going on? Any ideas?
  3. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

Have you started any new meds lately? Meds will do it in a heart beat. I myself have had perfect blood pressue as long as I can remember, but in July I had a Lab. done through my belly button to check for Endo. Sience then, my blood pressue stays between normal/high to hypertention. All my Dr has said so far is "are you watching your salt intake". At the time he said that I was not eating much of anything none the less salt. I told him it started after the Lab., but he said they have nothing to do with one another. I am still learning about my fibro, but I am in the understanding that our bodies react differently than health people's bodies. I personally believe my fibro was trigered by my C-section, so whos to say what might triger high blood pressure. I am sorry if I was not very helpful, but I think even though we all have the same conditoin, I think it reacts differently in all of us. Thats why a med that works for me might not work for you and vice-versa. I hope you figure things out. God Bless.
    Lisa