Blood pressure anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeliz1951, Nov 14, 2002.

1. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

Hello,
    I saw my Dr. today and for the first time ever my blood pressure was elevated. Normal for me has always been around 90-100 over 60-70. Today it was 112 over 90.
    He was concerned especially since I've had some spells lately and wants me to come back for a physical the day after Christmas. I sit at a desk at work but every 3-5 minutes I have to get up, walk 11 steps to the printer to feed an envelope through. When I do...I can walk to the printer fine but when I get there and stand still I get very light headed,short of breath with rubbery legs, and my face gets very warm. I almost feel like if I let myself I'd pass out. It is only momentary and by the time I get reseated at my desk it goes away only to recur the next time. What's going on? Any ideas?
  2. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

Hello,
    I saw my Dr. today and for the first time ever my blood pressure was elevated. Normal for me has always been around 90-100 over 60-70. Today it was 112 over 90.
    He was concerned especially since I've had some spells lately and wants me to come back for a physical the day after Christmas. I sit at a desk at work but every 3-5 minutes I have to get up, walk 11 steps to the printer to feed an envelope through. When I do...I can walk to the printer fine but when I get there and stand still I get very light headed,short of breath with rubbery legs, and my face gets very warm. I almost feel like if I let myself I'd pass out. It is only momentary and by the time I get reseated at my desk it goes away only to recur the next time. What's going on? Any ideas?
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

since I was 17!! Bad genes, I suppose. CoQ10 has enabled me to go from three BP meds to one!!! Doing MUCH better!
    Love,
    Kady
    BTW, 220/120 was not at all unusual for me!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2002]
  4. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I went to my docs the oter day and my doc wasn't at all consurdned about what was goig on it was almost like saying at sence my blood pursue was always low they are not wo worried about it, I talked to my ex and he said to go to the ER? is there a problem?
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

That's my guess. It's common with CFS and FM and is related to a malfunctionoing autonomic nervous system. I'm on four meds for it. I got to the point I couldn't even sit up, let alone stand. I'm somewhat improved now, but still have to severely limit my standing and walking.

Barbara
  6. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Take Atacand, Verapamil & Lasix
    everyday for high blood pressure,
    angina, tachyardia & arteriorclerosis.

Gentleness
  7. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

BTW doing good if blood pressure
    is below 150/100 & heart rate is
    below 100.

Gentleness
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

BP of 150 is way too high. You want it well under 140. 140 is borderline high and you don't even want to be that close. Even a resting heart rate of 100 is way too high! Your bp sounds good to me. Mine is usually 100/65 or in that area, but it always goes up about 10 points when I have to see the dr. It's called "white coat bp" due to stress of being in the office. Your description of how you feel when you walk to the printer is how I used to feel when I would get up in the morning and go outside with the dogs. It wouldn't hit me til I got outside. Then I read somewhere that this can be caused by not drinking enough water. I now keep a bottle of water on my nightstand and drink quite abit of it before I get out of bed. Water expands the blood, which in turn stabilizes your bp. I haven't had one of those episodes since I started downing all that good H2O! Try increasing your water intake at work. Keep a bottle of it with you at all times and see what happens with your bp.

Marilyn :)
  9. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Barbara is right! Talk to your doctor about neurally mediated hypotension.
  10. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

My blood pressure was always 120/70.
    Now, these past six months it's usually around 155/95.
    My doc's haven't been saying anything about it but, next
    time I go in I'm going to make a point to ask them about it.
    I don't know why it's so high lately.
    Yours sounds more like it's "Hypo" instead of "Hyper"

LOVE,
    HOB
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2002]
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I wish I had your blood pressure. Even with meds, mine follows a cycle where it is good in the morning and then steadily rises to about 140/86. When I get angry it soars to 200/110. I know someday this will kill me and it scares me to death. The blood pressure numbers you listed are excellent, so don't worry. I agree with others that your pressure may be dropping when you stand up. Drinking more water may help.
    Klutzo
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My BP was consistently 143/84. Within 8 days of the very low carb diet, mine has dropped and is consistently in the teens over 60's. I am hoping my cholesterol will also be lowered when I see my doc.

Love, Mikie
  13. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

My blood pressure has been messed up for months now 160/100 my dr has me coming for weeks to check it and is going to up my med or change them. My pressure has been bad for 30 years.My family all has high blood pressure,genes? The water thing is important.I drink some before I get up or get dizzy(I keep water by me night and day) LindaGa
  14. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Angeliz1951,
    It sounds like you could have neurally mediated hypotension. I have it and have improved with 7-keto DHEA, pregnenolone, licorice, and watercure. Earlier I used to only be able to stand still for five minutes at a time before I felt dizzy, weak, and short of breath also felt like I would pass out when I stood up in any kind of line. My CFS doctor takes my blood pressure when I'm sitting up and then makes me stand for 5 minutes and takes the blood pressure again. If the blood pressure goes down upon standing, then it could be neurally mediatated hypotension.

Love, Jasmine
  15. latracy

latracy New Member

I always had low BP until the last few years, then my BP started to fluctuate up and down which was causing a whole new set of problems I didn't need. Finally my doctor prescribed Altace, and my BP remains constant. Now I am on a vitamin and nutrient therapy by fm doctor, and I hope to get off the medicine. Latraacy