Blood Sugar Problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jun 29, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Well, as if this darn DD isn't enough my blood sugar is beginning to be elevated .. I am now pre-diabetic so am trying to nip this with diet but doesn't seem to be working. I am unable to excerise like you are suppose to but do try to move around each day but if I over do then I am in bed for days.

My mother was a bad diabetic, lost her eye sight, a leg, and then kidney failure so of course I am very concerned. My AIC is 6.5 which is higher than I would like and my blood sugars range from 115 fasting to 150 after meals. I go back to the doc in Aug. and I sure don't want to have to take any more pills. So tyring low carbs no sugar and to get this weight off but it is going slowly.

I have read that infection will cause rise in BS levels with CFS I do feel I have infection , also chronic sinusitis but guess I am trying to find excuses have had all this in the past and my BS weren't normal but not this high..

Just wondering if any of you have slightly elevated blood sugars.

2. soulight

soulight New Member

I have diabetes and I find that stress and pain increases blood sugars . It is a challenge that I battle all the time.

Your A1c doesn't seem to go with your blood sugars. The fasting and after meal levels are normal , but your A1c of 6.5 is on the high side. Maybe if you consult an endocrinologist or a diabetes educator you will get a better idea of what is going on.

If your are low income like I am , you can contact your local American Diabetes Association and they will set you up with someone who can help .

Oh , yes , BS levels definitely will make infections worse and/or make them stay with you forever.

I hope you find some relief . I know your sinus problem has plagued you for a long time.

3. MomsCompassion

MomsCompassion New Member

check Rocky76 message on colloidal silver. I have personally used this for sinus infections. It has even stopped a sinus infection that was so bad that my nose was bleeding. Each time I blew my nose it would bleed profusely..the colloidal silver helped me.
    Lot's of water along with your low carb diet would help also.
    The answer to your question about GBS....I have read that elevated sugar levels is noted in fibromyalgia patients.