Blood test back today and inflammation levels were up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Feb 27, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

This is rather strange to me. I know there is great debate about inflammation and fibro. I had a rheumatoid arthrits test done and it turned up negative. So, my question is- wonder where the inflammation is coming from??? What do you guys think? My doctor seemes a little dombfounded too.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]
  2. blkkat

blkkat New Member

me too , ive had every test also and arthrits was neg. was told i had lupus for a year. then no that i have FM & CFS IBS,RLS SEVERE CRONIC PAIN im on all kinds of meds. and yes i have a pos ANA and HIGH SED RATE- 45 whatever that means . ok i guess its i feel like crap 24/7 it bites aaa! GOD BLESS -BLKKAT GOOD LUCK!!!
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

What inflammation blood tests?

CRP and homocysteine? Or sed rate?

My C-Reactive Protein and Homocysteine are so high, I should be dropping dead, my dr. says..

But I have no heart trouble, not high cholesterol, no clogged arteries, etc.

Its gotta be the immune response! We had a good discussion about TH1 and TH1 responses here not too long ago...maybe do a search.

Lots of veggies and fruits, kriket...not too much red beef, ok? But some, we need the iron (well, most of us with CFS), and unless you eat a ton of beets, don't think we get enough, LOL. Really, I don't know if this is exactly true, but it works for me.

So does gabapentin and naprosyn.

Hugs,
    findmind
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

sorry to be off topic on your post, but what the heck is that adorable thing on your bio? a baby squirrel? a chinchila? is it yours?

which test showed inflamation? i had a very high sed rate once, then got it retested and it came down alot to almost normal.

bigmama2
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

LOL. That is a baby squirrel. We rescued her a few months back from some dogs that were about to eat her. We raised her until she was healthy and we just turned her loose a few days ago. She is just about full grown now.
    I had reg. blood tests and they showed that I had inflammation somewhere in my body, but don't know exactly where. I don't understand all that jibber jabber sed rate stuff, all I know is that I have inflammation.

Kriket