Blood to NewZealand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kay, Nov 11, 2002.

1. kay

kay New Member

I am having my blood Taken today. Do we need to refrig. it until we send it? I will send it out tomorrow. How long does it take for the results to come back? Also how does it help with getting disability? I have read other post to where Dr. Simpson has told others that they do not have cfs or fibro.Any info on this would greatly appreciated. Thanks Linda
  2. kay

kay New Member

I am having my blood Taken today. Do we need to refrig. it until we send it? I will send it out tomorrow. How long does it take for the results to come back? Also how does it help with getting disability? I have read other post to where Dr. Simpson has told others that they do not have cfs or fibro.Any info on this would greatly appreciated. Thanks Linda
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

sent it out the same day. Results came back via email within about 1 1/2 weeks - then in about 2 weeks I got the disability papers & a more detailed results w/explainations & such - I have to go now but when I have time later I will look over the disability papers (I already get disability but thought they might be useful in my review) & let you know what they're all about & see if I can post the results I have saved that he emailed me so you can see what they look like. Amy Oh, & I was diagnosed w/cfids & he diagnosed me w/ME which I think is just their term for it.
  4. kay

kay New Member

so much for replying! Will be waitng to hear from you again. :)) Linda
  5. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I sent my blood to New Zealand to Dr Simpson about two months ago. I sent out the blood the same day it was drawn so I did not refrigerate the samle. The sample took about 5 days to get to New Zealand. I had a report in about 14 days by email. It did show I had deformed red cells. A very detailed report about blood shapes was sent to me by email. I then sent a check for the full report for SS and that took again about 2 weeks. I wanted to see the if the blood sample showed anything wrong before I paid the extra for the report. I had to mail over a check and that is why it took and additional two weeks. Had I sent money for the report when I sent the blood, it would have come back quicker. I dont know if my lawyer is going to use the letter or not. He said that this since this is not a routine test that is used in the US it may not help me.

It was good in knowing that the red cells are deformed and that this pain ect. is not all in my head. I am glad that I had the test done, however I was hoping that it would come back normal and that mabey I had something that could be cured.

I showed the report the my brother that had been in the military for 6 years and he told me he had been told that he had adnormal red cells. He drew a picture of the way the DR told him how his were deformed and they were exactally like mine. I told him that I was not aware of a test for red cell shape except the one in New Zealand. He had all the classic sympton of FM but has not been diagnosed.
  6. kay

kay New Member

Does that mean that you have microplasma? Thanks for responding.
  7. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I dont know if I have Microplasm or not. Never been tested for that. The RED Blood Shape test only tell me if I have adnormal red blood shapes. What I understand is that if the red blood cell are like mine then they will not go through the caliparies to remove toxin from my cell and so this causes sore painful muscles and fatigue. I dont understand it and I hope I am not giving any mis information but this is the way I understand what happens when a person has adnormal red cell.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2002]
  8. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I too sent blood to Les Simpson. I took the vial of additive with me to docs office and she immediately put 5 drops of blood in the vial. Once the blood is mixed with this additive it becomes non-infective. He should have sent you an info packet with instructions. It cost me about 4 dollars to send it back to him. I paid the extra $10 for the disability report. It is a good report. I am still waiting for my hearing so I don;t know if it will help. He found that 68.5% of my red blood cells were flat and severely deformed which he said is common in patients with CFS & FMS. It took a few weeks to get the results. If you have any other questions you may email me. My addy is on my profile.
    Good Luck
    Sandy
  9. monom

monom Member

How do I find info for how sending the bood and how much it costs, then where and how prepare for mailing,Can I do that in any DR
    office?

Your advices would be appreciated as usual.

Thank you again

Monom
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2002]
  10. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

email Dr Les Simpson, his adress: (Edited by Moderator) Tell him you want to have the red blood cell shape analysis done. He will get back to you & send you the info & vial w/ instructions. I was going to the lab to get some blood work done for & just kind of asked for a few drops to be put in my vial. It costs $42, an extra $10 if you want disability papers. He was also very nice & timely about answering questions via email. I had a high value of flat cells & early cup forms which he said was typical of ME. It was interesting to have done & hopefully soon I'll know what it all means! Amy
    I tried to copy & paste my results so those who haven't had it done can get an idea of the test but it won't work - Maybe I'm too computer illiterate?
  11. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I learned of this test on this board & got the address on this board as well. Just curious. Amy
  12. monom

monom Member

Thank you for info you provided,I have seen the address on this board before as well.I think with proper info we can order proper nutrient from this site,rather than gussing where to go.

Thank you again
  13. honey

honey New Member

Thank you so much Linda for posting on Dr Simpson. I didn't know about him and he's in my own back yard...lol.
    I have just had my blood taken, thank goodness my sister is a nurse and was willing to do this for me. I have put the sample in the fridge as I can't mailed it to him until Monday morning. I don't know what he'll find but I'm hoping at least to get some answers or maybe a whole heap more questions, either way its got to be a good thing.
    One thing that did surprise me was in his reply email to me he said that he was surprised that I had mailed him because the fibromyalgia support groups here in New Zealand are NOT interested in his work. Makes no sense to me but everyone has a right to choose.
    I'll let you know what the results say and if it makes any sense to me......lol. One thing though, in his mail he did say that the cost of this test is about to have a significant increase to help cover costs.

Wishing you all pain free and happy days

Love
    Lyn
  14. kay

kay New Member

YES please get back to us. Will be waiting to hear. LOL, LINDA