Bloodwork is normal - off again for more tests

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msgirl67, Aug 25, 2010.

1. msgirl67

msgirl67 New Member

I am 3 weeks into new meds, bloodwork came back normal and now I am being scheduled for an EMG to see if I may have carpal tunnel and also being sent back for more bloodwork to see where my Vitamin D level is at.

Certain meds have been stopped, others remain, and new ones prescribed. My aches and pains have subsided somewhat, but there is no energy left and I can't sleep when I need to sleep and then sleep when I'm not supposed to sleep. Extremities are tingling with weird sensations and deep short breaths seem to catch me off guard.

I feel like I'm a human guinea pig...wondering how much more of this I will have to go through. Don't mean to complain....just so tired and hate that this is not what I had imagined for the future without even being 40. Almost 40, but again..this is not what I thought turning 40 would feel like!
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

If all they look at is a CBC (complete blood count) and/or a CMP (complete metabolic profile) then of course your tests will come back "normal".

Have they done any testing of your hormones? A CD-57 count? Checked for latent and active bacterial and viral infections? Candida, Lyme disease, CPN, HHV6,HHV7, EBV. CMV, mycoplasma strains, etc etc. Those tests are what need to be looked at to get any real answers.
  3. msgirl67

msgirl67 New Member

They ran a GGT, ALT, AST, ANA, RF, ESR, CRP & CK for liver function, RA, lupus, protein and heart muscle damage. I will call back and ask if they would add the other tests to the Vitamin D bloodwork as well.
    Thank you.