bloodwork results are in...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SICKim514, Feb 27, 2009.

1. SICKim514

SICKim514 New Member

and of course, everything is normal...as I expected it would be. The only thing is that my Vitamin D level is low. Anything over 36 is considered normal, and mine was only 18. Could this be contributing to my pain?
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

low vit D can be a result of chronic viral infection
  3. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

my rheumotologist is sending me for the same test.
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

can have a huge impact on pain....taking supplements and getting sun w/o sunscreen for 15 minutes or tanning w/o sunscreen for 5 minutes can help a lot....also your body cannot utilize calcium w/o enough Vit D and calcium and magnesium levels have to be in balance for the muscles to work properly and have less pain.....and Vit D is a hormone precursor, so if it's low that can also effect a bunch of things.....definitely worth trying to fix, and the supplements are cheap
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2009]
  5. shell

shell New Member

common to be low in CFS. Mine is normal, but I think it is because I drink OJ everyday fortified with the vit. D. Definitely get it up !! :)
  6. toddm

toddm New Member

A year ago mine was at 8, started on 50,000 IU's twice a week. Today I'm around 40, for some reason those of us with CFS/FM never absorb enough. I'm also low in magesium and taking 800 mg twice a day, levels still very low. My rheumy feels everyone has a different optimum level and that there's huge absorption problem goin on with this. Good luck with your treatments and I hope you start feeling better.
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

be sure you check both types of vit D: 25-hydroxy-vitamin D and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D
  8. highupsidedown

highupsidedown New Member

Start drinking a glass of milk every day. About a month from now, you'll wonder where all the pain and achy-ness went.