Blue Lips

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 12, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have posted this before but thought I would mention it again today..

Do any of you have blue lips? Many times
    people ask me why my lips are so blue of couse this bothers me..I have ask my doc, well the PA and she checked my O2 and said it was ok..The nurse even mentioned it but the PA said nothing to be concerned about..
    I did have a complete blood panel nothing abnormal that would cause blue lips..

I have ask about this twice with the same response, nothing to be concerned about..
    but didn't really know the cause except maybe my lips are just that color..My nails are not blue..I had a cardic work up about 2 years ago..

So just wondering if any of you have blue lips and if so any medical reasons...

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

What is your temp like?

I have very pale lips but not blue ones. I would think it may be a thyroid thing or an abnormal temp.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi, thanks for your reply..My temp.is always below normal usually around 96 or 97...
  4. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

Hi Greatgran,
    I had blue lips also -- one of the first signs of hypothyroidism - I was told. I had blue lips for years, thinning hair, dry skin, unexplainable weight gain, tired all the time --- these are all signs of under active thyroid. Please have it checked. My primary doctor was a total jerk and never did anything for me. Kept saying if I lost weight I would feel better. Ended up in the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack -- come to find out my thyroid ended up completely shutting down on its own. I was put on thyroid medicine and it has been almost 8 years now and I have never been able to lose the weight I gained. My lips are still pale, but not blue. Ask your doctor to have your thyroid checked and make sure you see an endocrinologist - mine has been great.
    Good luck and keep asking doctors for an answer - it is not right- lips are not supposed to be blue.

Noreen
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have had my thyroid checked many times and also had the thyroid antibodies test
    all normal..I did see an endo.and he did a lot of test when I was trying to find out what was wrong with me..Finally got the dx of cfs which I doubt..The doc that helped me get my disability still thinks its Lupus even though the others didn't totally agree..

I checked the web site but guess its wevtv I couldn't get it..

I don't wear lipstick or makeup unless its a special occasion because of allergies..can't even go into a hair salon with out paying for it..So have to keep the natural look, which isn't very good but better than suffering with allergies..

Thanks to each of you...
    greatgran